What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

Bonnie, that ain't the way it happened.  Truth is, Warph and 'ol Slappy got totally loaded at the nineteenth hole and hit a light pole trying to walk home.  Amazing how two guys could knock down a light pole while walking.  Anywho, it was their fault.   :laugh:

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

I saw that on TV and wondered if you were affected, Bonnie. It wouldn't seem possible that an error so far away could affect so many people. Glad things are back to normal.

sodbuster

Quote from: larryJ on September 09, 2011, 09:36:44 AM
Bonnie, that ain't the way it happened.  Truth is, Warph and 'ol Slappy got totally loaded at the nineteenth hole and hit a light pole trying to walk home.  Amazing how two guys could knock down a light pole while walking.  Anywho, it was their fault.   :laugh:

Larryj

Larry, when I heard the cause of the outage the first names that popped into my head were Warph and Slappy. The rumor I heard was that the boys at the 19th Hole shot the tv to keep from having to watch the President's speech on tv and a chain reaction happened throughout the grid when like minded folks followed suit and shot their tv.s . Glad the power is back on for our forum friends in SD and Arizona.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Wilma

I know this can't compare to Bonnie's and Diane's exciting day, but I do want to share it.  How many of you were privileged to hold a baby duck and a baby chick today?  We were in Atwood's and when we are there, I have to check out the babies.  The clerk offered to let me hold one of the ducklings.  They are so cute and then when I admired the baby chicks, she let me hold one of them.  It was a baby bantam.  So tiny.  About the size of the chickadees that visit my feeders.  They also had Barred Rocks and Rhode Island Reds.  It is so tempting to bring home a couple, but I have no business raising chicks in my situation.  Bud wouldn't stand for it.

I think things are easing up for Diane now, from what I hear on the news and Bonnie is all lit up again.  I wonder about Ms. Bear.  Maybe Kansas IS the best place to be.

sixdogsmom

Edie

Diane Amberg

Still lots of water around, but all in all a very reasonable quiet day. I'd much rather be enjoying the duck babies.

Ms Bear

It is still very dry here but it has cooled off.  Hoping to get a little rain out of the latest storm but hope we don't get any wind.  ha-ha.

Everyday when we walk we see more dead leaves on the trees, some have more dead leaves than green ones so I know I have lost some trees.  Still scary and every time I hear sirens I pray they are not coming close to me.

larryJ

David, I definitely like your explanation better.  I felt like shooting my TV also, but I don't own a gun and besides I love my big screen too much to hurt it.  However, let the blame remain on Warph and 'ol Slappy for lack of a better reason.

Larryj

Janet Harrington

@Mother - And we know that Bud rules the roost at your house. LOL

larryJ

It's early morning and I am sitting here debating on going to Newport Beach today.  Wednesday, when I was there, the movers had just dropped off all the furniture and boxes.  I really felt for those guys even though they got paid well.  My son lived on the third story of an building with very tight stairwells.  However, they got the things to the beach rental and when I was there, my beautiful daughter-in-law looked so overwhelmed.  But she kept smiling and working to organize her new living space.  She is a real trooper. 

The debate?  My wife began to stand up from sitting on the bed a few days ago and fell on her knees.  We have hardwood floors.  We got rid of all carpeting years ago.  Anyway, she really banged her knees and aggravated her back injury somewhat.  While she is sore, she has put off going to the urgent care center at the hospital, hoping things will get better soon.  If I decide to go to Newport, she will probably wake up this morning and tell me she wants to go to urgent care.  Fortunately, with her cousin staying with us, they could go without me, I think.

I am limited as to lifting anything, but I can put things away in cupboards or just sit and play with the baby, or just be there for moral support.  Plus, there is the added incentive that my brother-in-law might come for the day, which is a terrific reason to get out of town.

Hey............he could take her to urgent care!  Decisions, decisions...............

Larryj

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk