What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Most of us call them surprise lilies, because you've forgotten about them and then, surprise, there they are.

cheyronni

judy there is an over the conter stuff called biotene i found at wallgreens for dry mouth that is for people who have a lack of saliva or dry mouth from meds. glad your okay

Judy Harder

Thanks Stacy, but I have the biotene and have since my radiation/chem-o and that does nothing for me.

Even tho it looks like I drink alot.most of the time I am just moisting my mouth so I can talk and swallow the dryness. I did tell him I was drinking about 2 gallons, but after rethinking that I maybe at a full gallon and maybe more........it depends on Heat/how much talking I do, how much food (with each bit if not a veggie or semi-liquid food like yoghurt, ice cream, etc) I need to push it down with water.

You need salava to chew anything...but white flour/sweets, pasta, meats any form of it.........makes me drink it down. I chose water cause it does not change what taste I can taste. Taste buds are fried as well.
The hot, hot weather, my allergies, the dryness of the air, etc just compounded yesterday. after they put the O2 on me by the time I had it on for about 30 minutes I felt better and as the afternoon progressed I did too.

Some of what I was going through was a "Panic-Mode" cause of what was happening and I had no control over it.

today, has been sort of normal. meaning I got the church bulletin done and was back home before it got hot. I did drive to church instead of walk....just exhausted.
I have eaten about 5 times today......my doctor friend suggested I add garlic salt to my food, and except for a good shot of garlic breath.....it tastes better than salt......and now, I am just finishing up my day.

Thank you for your suggestions./.. when do you have your surgery, or did you all ready?
Good luck to you and thanks.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Janet Harrington

Now, how are you all so positive that I was looking at flowers in Independence and not really seeing naked ladies standing in the yards in that city? Huh? How do you know? LOL

farmgal67357

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 19, 2011, 11:20:53 AM
Most of us call them surprise lilies, because you've forgotten about them and then, surprise, there they are.

Okay, now I get it. Surprise lilies I know about, we have some in our front yard. The naked lady thing threw me for a loop! But I can see why they have that name. Them having no foliage is kinda weird! 
Lisa
Lisa

larryJ

Wife reminded me we also have naked ladies in the back yard.  I went this morning at daylight  to catch a glimpse of naked ladies in my back yard.  Sadly, a week without water and they are gone to the big flower pot in the sky.

Judy, how are you doing today?

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Judy Harder

Much better Larry. Altho I am tired faster..no stamina. It cooled off today and I really needed to take me and the dogs for a walk.......my legs are objecting to sitting.......but, decided to wait until Monday to start my walking again.
I am doing my best to eat better. Altho after shrinking my tummy down like I did, I can't hold alot and remember, my labs showed i was low in salt and some anemia........well, we think the anemia is the result of chemo and radiation and is just a fact of nature. I do take extra iron/vitamins and my personal doc, isn't too worried.
Now, I understand the salt........with the heat like it has been and my health not all that good......I think that is why and the reason........( I am trying to convince myself this)
I don't want to gain weight, I do want to maintain healthily and figure if I eat 4 or 5 times a day......at least 250 calories, that will do it.........oh I do see a problem, if I have to up salt and lower fluid, how do I get on top of the salty taste..........need to drink and then oh well........I will figure it out and not get in to big of a hurry until I get another blood work when I see the Moline clinic the 29th.
Thanks for asking and you didn't know I would write a whole diagnosis.....LOL. had two days to think about it. I will take it one day at a time.
Here I am Lord, use me!

cheyronni

well shucks judy i thought i was going to save the day for you but i should have known you had already tried that stuff. i get to have a stress test tomorrow for my heart and then on wednesday have my total knee replacement surgery. it was supposed to be last week but a mistake was made and they had me come in for a treadmill test well after they seen me walking with my walker they said no treadmill. my heart broke and i cried and begged them to let me try but i lost the battle. i am ready to get my new knee and get moving without so much pain. my husband and ronni are all ready to walk mom everyday! think i will walk my boxer so he can pull me most of the walk!! so glad your home get well soon!

Ms Bear

I hope you will be up and walking very soon, it will be something to look forward to.  Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Judy Harder

Stacy, my dogs are the reason I walk, well a good excuse.........they need the exercise and when I first got Scooter (black and white one) he was so fat anyone who stopped to talk, just said, "Wow, what do you feed him?" Well I didn't he came that way. And with his spots placed where they are, he looked like a baby shoat (ok baby pig for you city dudes) and we both needed more exercise. Well I walked the weight off both of us and I miss it when I can't.
When I started was early 90's when I first found out I had fibro........and before the arthritis got too bad. I could barely walk from here to post office (bout a block and a half) without huffing and puffing and needing my cane and then resting on the "Dead-Pec_er bench" watching my mouth. but it wasn't fun.
I made a point of walking out towards the alfafa mill and would walk 15 minutes all total, and remembering I had to walk back......well I was sweaty as the dickens and ended up at post office and then across to cafe to meet my ladies for lunch.
And that was the way I started.
So, Stas, you take one step at a time................and just keep going. Good luck and if you can keep me informed. You can IM me if you want...or phone. God bless and keep you.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk