What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

Ohhhhh for Gosh sake~~~~~~~~~~~~  I'm sitting here laughing my fool head off.................Ron....You can brighten up even the darkest of days.
  Love ya',  My almost nephew
               Auntie Jo
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

jarhead

Too sultry and too dry for metal detecting but I tried it for an hour anyway. I stopped when I started smelling like lard rendering because I think I was melting down. The usual clad money and junk but did find a brass, star hat token (my second one) and an aluminum token from Burnham, Hanna and Munger dry goods, Kansas City for your purchase of Fitz overalls. On the reverse is a guy in bibs saying"If it's a Fitz--It fits " too bad this token was thrown in the trash and an edge is melted off--dag nabbit !!

Diane Amberg

Just had a bit of real excitement. My microwave just made a roar and put on a show of sparks and flame behind the microwave panel. Fortunately, I was standing right there to take care of it.
I guess the ugly politics is really hitting home when appliances start committing suicide. ;D ;D ;D Al just went out to replace it for me. He knows what I like, will probably come home with a Kenmore.

jarhead

Looking at the Fritz overall token again I can see where it says for a silver coin this size you can buy a pair of overalls. The token is the size of a silver dollar. Sounds cheap but if wages back around 1900 was a dollar a day that meant you paid a days wages for a pair of bibs. Aint no way a pair of bibs today would cost a days wages. Maybe them good ol days aint what they are cranked up to be.

farmgal67357

The storms have brought us some much needed rain, but it also brought me a Fibromyalgia flare up. I'm exhausted and hurting. I wonder how long it will last this time....How you doing Judy?
Lisa
Lisa

Judy Harder

Lisa, I earned my tiredness yesterday...........and yes I am sore and tired today and didn't even think the rain was part of the reason.
I had not gone to Independence since before the heat started and altho I am able to get most of my needs here in Longton or at Julies in Howard, still not completely everything. Paper products are cheaper and I can get a larger pack to last awhile.
also since it was cool and a very nice day......I went in with the idea I would window-shop, looking for things I wanted to price, see if stores had them and then ended at walmart for a hair cut and the like.
First I dropped film off at WalGreens (One hour service) and then decided to look for the used clothing place I saw advertised and it was almost to Park Street. Next to the Quinn Chapel. not opened........so turned around and cruised Penn and saw Nanny La Rose was going out of business. I parked and walked around to the stop light and then decided to go up to Halmarks. they have close........and then back to WalGreens.
I was smiling and just having a ball. Hadn't spent a dime until I got back to pick up pics and then I noticed the digital camera I had been eye-balling was the cheapest I had seen and did buy it and also a few items.
Then I hit the corner closet....couldn't afford full price clothes by then..LOL teasing, but still needed gas and Walmarts....but found some nice tops and some shorts. I like to buy sundresses for nightwear.....and still was having fun.
I don't get out much and when I do, I tend to do it all at once.
By the time my hair was done I started shopping and ran out of juice.
Still happy I went, the bargains I found left me with a little money and Life is good. went to bed at 8:30
But this morning I got up at 5 and altho I had all my morning chores done by 10:30, the rest of day, I have been dragging.

So, I am tired, hurting and still smiling at yesterday. But, now, I am just coasting until bedtime. I will pop an extra pill. I will not gripe about the weather as it is just what  I ordered. Now next month when fall gets started, then is when I will get grumpy.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

Judy, what kind of camera did you buy?

jarhead

Oh no !!!! Found a 1913 Buffalo nickel before the heat wave hit. It was in very good condition except all the years buried it had turned a brownish color. A "coin-man ' told me to make a slash into a potato and slide that nickel in the gash and in a week or two it would come out like a new one. I did and kinda hid it on the wife's countertop. Bad mistake. I had forgot about it until today. Guess a shriveled up ol tator left on the countertop is trash !! Today was sad hunting except for what I'm pretty sure is an Indian Head penny. Too much corrosion to read a date. Might try the battery charger trick to clean it unless one of y'all know a better way.

Teresa

Put them under your tongue and go to bed.. sleep with them that way for 8 hours.. They will be shiny new..  :angel:
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Judy Harder

diane, I got a Kodak Easy Share  C143
Still getting use to it. I was to tired last night and today have been too busy/tired so will play with it when my fibro-fog clears this weekend.
I did get date/time and that figured out. Now, I just need to practice and go from there. In the long run, it will pay for itself, most pictures I take are of the pets and when I walk and see something pretty/strange, etc. I can snap it and then come look at it on computer.
Has a zoomX3 lens and will take all I will ever do. not a budding photographer here, just playing. New toy. and am looking forward to it.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk