What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarhead

Such excitement---just planted 10 rows of green beans, hoping for fall beans. IF they grow I bet they will be baked beans !!

Ole Granny

"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Diane Amberg

Al picked a nice big bowl of toms finally.Can't wait for dinner. Thought it was interesting that apparently Kansas has been sitting on Federal money for women's health issues ,and won't release it. What is that all about?

Diane Amberg

Got no response to my question but no matter....my boat neighbor just brought over a big box of hot steamed blue claw crabs..gloat,gloat.  Bye now,swish!

Wilma

Sorry, Diane, about your question.  I don't know the answer but I suspect it has something to do with our governor trying to take our shoes away and put us back in the kitchen.

This thread has been so quiet that I have concluded that no one is doing anything exciting.  We are all just sitting, waiting for the heat to go away.  Although I think Bonnie is enjoying very balmy weather out there.  I saw their projected temperatures and their high for the day was lower than our low.

Diane Amberg

Take your shoes away? That wouldn't stop us, we'd just go run on the beach.
Our temps. are a little better today. Not quite 90 yet. I know what you mean about hiding from the heat. We just had an article from the extension service explaining the toms here. The night temps. have been too high so the fruit set is poor and they turn orange not red. They say it will get better whenever it gets a little cooler and to not give up yet.  We've had some nice ones but not enough to do anything with except share with our neighbors.  Some cukes aren't happy either. Misshapened and rather bitter.
  I think you're right about Bonnie. She's being kind and not making us jealous about her wonderful weather....when it isn't sliding or burning or shaking it's a beautiful area. ;)

W. Gray

I arose this morning to 56 degree weather.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

farmgal67357

Well we went to Wichita for church, but when we got out out car wouldn't start. We called roadside assistance (thank GOD we could wait for him to show up inside a lovely, air conditioned church!) and it was decided that we should go down the road to Wally's for a new battery. I couldn't believe that there auto center was open on a Sunday! We got right in, and spent the time waiting for the car to get done by lunching at Subway. Not what we had in mind, but we do like Subway. I recommend the Buffalo chicken sub..... So, after all that, we find we still have time to run by the comic book shop before heading home. That makes hubby VERY happy! There were tons of kids there having a card tournament. There was a very nice girl with pink and purple ponytails at the cash register. Hubby found some bargains so it was a good experience overall. Finally get back home to Howard, what a long day! We're tired but happy that it only took a new battery to fix the car. Thank you GOD!  ;D
Lisa

Ms Bear

The heat seems to be as hard on batteries as the cold.  Glad it wasn't your alternator too, that is harder to find on a Sunday or holiday.  I had to replace both on Memorial Day and was out of town.

Diane Amberg

Waldo, please bite your tongue. Tsk, teasing us with those delightful temps. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk