State Worshipping Churches

Started by redcliffsw, August 29, 2009, 12:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Here's a good one that's long overdue.......

Has The Church Become Irrelevant?
by Chuck Baldwin
So, if you are a Christian and you want to be relevant to the preservation of liberty in this country, you need to get out of these establishment, State-worshipping churches and find yourself an "underground," unaffiliated, or Black Regiment church. And you need to do it quickly!

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2009/cbarchive_20090825.html

Diane Amberg

I read that article with great interest. It has the potential of insulting and disgusting every church going Christian on this forum. They may not like the finger shaking shaming, but the author has the right to post it, after all, it's still a free country. Why shouldn't each denomination have the right to be who they want to be? Even the Catholic church has mass in English now, not all in Latin and no longer demands nonmeat on Fridays. The church should evolve as needed to meet the needs of it's parishioners. Church attendance everywhere declined for a number of years. Some go to drive in services now or watch on TV or listen to radio. Many of us try to LIVE our faith and don't especially feel the need to go to a special building. Others do. There is room for us all. I believe in a loving God and the ability of man to still have a hand in self determination. None of us is perfect, least of all am I. I certainly acknowledge that. But I don't feel the need to go looking for someone to hate either. That of course is a two way street. I don't want people wanting a reason to hate me and hunt me down either. I try to keep up with all the news, not just the viewpoints I already agree with. I think that gives me more to think about and ultimately will make me a more educated, knowledgeable person.

Varmit

Diane, I respectfully disagree with 99% of your post.  However, you do have the right to post your opinion.  There was some points in the aritcle that I didn't agree with, some that I did.  Personally, I'm not quite sure what is meant by a "Black Regiment" church?  I think that a Church should stand on the principles given in the Bible.  If it has to evolve to meet the needs of its parishioners, then what is the point?  The church should be a rock solid foundation, a place where people can go that they know no matter how much is going on in the world, they have a place they can lean on.  As for church attendance, I think that it says more about people then the message of the church. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Do none of your churches have "modern" and "traditional" services? Some here do.The modern services include live music and skits often performed by members of the youth groups. Pike Creek Christian has a whole rock band setup with drums and key boards and all as well as the big organ. I wasn't really talking  so much about "what" is said in church, more about how it is presented. As far as having a solid foundation, we are of the same mind on that. I did find the suggestion that people leave their established churches and go underground rather disturbing.   

Anmar

I'm with Billy on this one.  I'm of the school of thought that says God sent down religion to us from the heavens, who are we to try and improve upon God's work?
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

redcliffsw

Diane, a "solid foundation" does not include having the modern stuff in church
that you mentioned.

The only thing that I see to be disturbing about leaving an "establsihed church" is that many
of the old line churches are turning to liberalism/modernism.  So why stay in church that will not
stand on its founding principles?  That ought to disturb a Christian - you'd think.   

Anmar

now now, if we were going to politicize churches, we should remember that Jesus was considered a liberal  :P

Think about it,

the meek shall inherit the earth

fed the poor

disliked big business and extravegance

;D
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Diane Amberg

Red, do you expect me to go picket Pike Creek Christian Church? I don't know why they do it that way. I don't know why the Living Waters Church of God asked me to come do a piece on safety the day the pastor did a piece on the on the safety (refuge ) of the church either. I was asked, as part of the service, to talk for 20 min. comparing and contrasting life safety and the safety of the arms of the church. I was happy to do it. I've done programs in many of the local churches as part of their out reach programs, including a CPR class for all the ushers at Newark United Methodist and a defibrillator class for St. Andrews Presbyterian when they did a fund raiser and bought a defibrillator for the church. Now to me, and you are free to disagree, that is what I mean by living my faith. I'd tell about more of them, but then I'd be accused of posting too much and bragging.

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on August 29, 2009, 04:15:09 PM
now now, if we were going to politicize churches, we should remember that Jesus was considered a liberal  :P
Hmmm No he's not.  He's the KING.  And being King, he is royalty.  And being the King and royalty, his word is all that matters.  And his riches are his riches, not ours except by Inheritance.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk