Self Defense - Wasp Spray

Started by Jo McDonald, August 25, 2009, 09:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jane

Not only that, every cop on the block will tell you just make sure they fall in the house and not out.  I do not live in the city limits so I do not have even deal with that.  Teresa and I have the same feelings on someone trying to do us harm in any way. I am sure if a guy breaking into your house will think twice about a nickel plated 357 in their face instead of some can of bug spray.
So once again just shoot the SOB. Then there is only one story and that will be mine.
Jane

W. Gray

Does Kansas have a "Make by Day" law?

Colorado has had one since 1985, or so.

Since that time there have been a number of home invasions. In many of the cases where a home was invaded and the intruder killed, there were/are always some vocal people who believed that intruders are human beings and should be given a chance.

It did not matter to those people whether the homeowner was in danger of dying. These folks apparently believed the homeowner should try to talk the invader into being nice. In each case they demanded prosecution of the homeowner (and apparently forget about the intruder). These same folks also demanded that the law should be rescinded.

All the cases that have made it to trial have been found in favor of the homeowner.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Jane

:police:Not much to have a lawyer or a trial if there is only one side to the story even if you get sued by the family. The cops in Topeka will just say it was self defense and stand by the home ower. Guess there are two many bleeding hearts back east.
Jane

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 29, 2009, 01:55:04 PM
Who paid the homeowners' lawyers' fees?

What lawyer fees... IF your the only witness alive then there is no case.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 29, 2009, 04:52:42 PM
I'll try again. If the homeowner was charged and the case went to trial, the home owner would have had a lawyer to represent him wouldn't he? Even if the judge found in his favor he would have to pay the lawyer. Was he made whole?

Thats part of the problem with our judicial system it doesn't make the person whole that it trys to convict. Thats one reason i am all for a loser pays all the bills legislation.  IF you sue, and lose you pay my lawyer bill. IF the govt sues, they pay for all my costs associated with the suit.

But no DA will prosecute the homeowner unless there is concrete evidence that will guarantee a conviction.  IF joe decides to come in uninvited, joe leaves in a body bag.   Its simple self defence.  In some states Like Georgia, all joe has to do is come onto the property and you can dispatch joe quickly and call the coroner to come get him.  He doesn't even have to be in the house.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Jo McDonald

HANG HIM !!!  From the highest Tree.  Orrrrrrrrrr   Put him where MichelLe was and come at him  just as he did  her, and ask him how hard he wants you to run over him.  He deserves NOTHING.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Dee Gee

Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Wilma

Forgive me my density, but what difference does it make whether she was acting as a fire fighter or not?

flintauqua

Whoa!

Folks, we are in "Recipe's & Home Remedy's"  Can we please try to take the politics back to "Politics".  I know of very many forum members that enjoy the forum very much, but never tread into the "Politics" category for various reasons.  Can we please respect their presumption of what they are going to come across over here?

My thoughts, agree or not.

Charles

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk