the Lockerbie bomber........

Started by pamsback, August 20, 2009, 10:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Sorry Wilma, I deleted it and a lot more. I'm starting over. :-X :'(

pamsback

No chastiseing from here...your first post just wasn't clear on that part!

flintauqua

I talk clearer than I write.  Inflextion, tone, nuance just don't translate in my quick-draw writings.  For me to write clearly, say in college, would require at least five revisions, with at least a day between each draft.

Diane Amberg

If I have to write a speech, I do the same even now. The shorter the talk is to be, the more time and rewrites I have to do.

Wilma

Isn't that the honest way to do it?  Then you get to say exactly what you mean without leaving in something that could be construed other than what you intend.  Does that make sense?

Diane Amberg

I'd like to think so, but as poorly as I type on here, the thread would have moved on through 5 other people and when I finally posted it wouldn't make any sense at all, so I'm going to keep most of my comments to myself. Just CMA.

Varmit

Quote from: flintauqua on August 23, 2009, 08:55:38 AM
Since it was Scotland, I'd like to have seen him treated the same way William Wallace was at the end of Braveheart.  Now there is a deterent towards high crimes and treason. 

Flint, I like the way you think...sometimes  ;)
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

dnalexander

LONDON (Reuters) – Britain agreed to include Lockerbie bomber Abdel Basset al-Megrahi in a prisoner transfer deal with Libya because of "overwhelming interests" shortly before an oil deal was sealed with Tripoli, a newspaper reported on Sunday.

The Sunday Times said leaked letters from Justice Secretary Jack Straw undermined government denials of a link between the former Libyan agent's freedom and British trade interests.

(Full article http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090830/ts_nm/us_britain_libya_3 )

Warph

Quote from: BillyakaVarmit on August 23, 2009, 07:47:24 AM
Quote from: Teresa on August 22, 2009, 09:45:49 AM
Hangings way too quick and "compassionate"... :police:

You assume that I would employ the "quick drop" method.  no, no, no, by hanging I meant that a rope placed around his neck and his ass hauled up the nearest tree branch so he can choke on it for awhile. >:(

Naw.... y'all have it wrong.  Take the bastard up to 20,000 ft. and throw his ass out.  Let him experience what those poor souls did on the  plane when it blew.  Let the Punishment Fit the Crime!
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Teresa

Quote from: Warph on August 31, 2009, 01:19:53 AM

Naw.... y'all have it wrong.  Take the bastard up to 20,000 ft. and throw his ass out.  Let him experience what those poor souls did on the  plane when it blew.  Let the Punishment Fit the Crime!

Ok.. I'll fuel the plane............
Somebody bring popcorn..... this will be good to watch ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk