Willie Nelson latest

Started by Teresa, September 24, 2006, 10:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Willie Nelson's public statement regarding being caught with a bag of Marijuana:

"It's a good thing I had a bag of Marijuana instead of a bag of spinach. I'd be dead by now."

lol lol When I heard this, I thought it was kinda funny...  :D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

genealogynut

I know there are lots of Willie Nelson fans out there and you will probably want to throw eggs at me for saying this, but I don't think that ole' guy can carry a sour note in a bucket!!  He always sounds like he's way off key and flat.  I vaguely remember Johnny Western, DJ for KFDI radio, telling about Waylon Jennings saying about the same thing regarding Willie.

What is amazing is how Willie has managed to make millions of $$$$$$ sounding like that.

Wilma

Don't you think he might have made it on his looks?  I spend so much time trying to get past his looks that I miss the voice part.

genealogynut

On a scale of 1 to 10.........I'd rate his looks a minus 20!

Teresa

;D
I have always liked Willie. I like his style and his definete unique voice.  :D

... but then , I am one of those odd ducks that can't stand Johnny Cash's music. YUCK.. Now that guy just ...to me....can not sing and June Carter ( Cash)  should definetely not ever open her mouth to try to sing a tune.. ( she hurts my ears)

But that is why I guess they have all kinds of singers for all kinds of listeners..  ;)

Wilma

For the very best, how about Frank Sinatra, Perry Como, John Denver and I could go on all day.  All these old guys beat today's  so-called singers, hands down.

Teresa

I like them too.

I like all music except Opera and Latin and Mexican stuff.

Jane

My answer to all the Country Western folks is, just a look a Alan Jackson. Not only can he sing he is GOOD LOOKING!!!!!!.
Army Mom

Wilma

Who is Alan Jackson?  Personally, the best thing I have found on television, after football of course, is the half hour infomercial selling lovesongs of the past by the old artists.  I can sit through that one over and over.  I can't afford the set of CD's.

Teresa

Well Mama Wilma.. I would put a set of the CD's of old love songs on my Christmas list  and give it to my daughters...  ;)

And Alan Jackson is one of my favorites.. to look at AND to listen to. :)

((Nice to see you posting Army Mom))  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk