American values

Started by pamsback, August 14, 2009, 09:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pamsback

Well, duh Pam.........Abraham Lincoln was a "third party candidate" because the republican party started in the 1850's like 1856.

Varmit

Diane, we already have ways to admend the Constitution, 2 actually.  The problem with "tweaking" as with anything this gov't does, is if you give them and inch they will take 100 miles and built a superhighway.  For example, which of the first 10 admendments would you like to see "tweaked"???
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Catwoman

Quote from: pamsback on August 17, 2009, 09:12:39 AM
  In the discussion of various political parties, what their platforms are and in reading various posts........Does anybody besides me find that their hot button issues place them in various parties at various times? Which brings me to the point of this post.......which is Labels, why do we need them and why do we let ourselves be pigeonholed? Why do people TRY to pigeonhole others? Why do you have to belong to ONE political party and why are you supposed to support their platform even if you DON'T agree with it( which is anarchy I know Lol) In thinking about MY various thoughts on issues I have found some are core issues of republicans, some are core issues of democrats, some are core issues or independants, libertarians, centrists, and even ANARCHISTS! I have issues that are core to the green party.

I had already decided to change my affiliation from democrat because I'm NOT really a democrat.....but what does somebody like me REGISTER as with a clear conscience? I have always voted for whoever I thought was best for the job no matter what party they belonged to which I know canceled my votes but I voted with my conscience so.......ANy thoughts?

You just register as an Independent...Some of the NICEST people I know are registered as such! lol

pamsback

QuoteYou just register as an Independent...Some of the NICEST people I know are registered as such! lol

;D I know a couple myself Lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk