Where in Elk County Am I?

Started by flintauqua, August 13, 2009, 10:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddurbin

Good try, but that's not it.  Don't give up, though. You're closer than you might think.

flintauqua

Quote from: flintauqua on August 26, 2009, 09:14:39 PM
Can I mislead or drop obtuse hints?  Please. Please. Please!!! Big brother. ;D :angel:

Seems Big Brother Dan isn't even going to bother answering my question.

Guess I know my station in life. :P

ddurbin

Here's clue #3 (see earlier post for #1 and #2)

To start getting hot
In finding this spot
Think of its neighbor
KDoT

W. Gray

One of the 4th district KDOT maps shows something near the Rodeo grounds.

The aerial looks partly oval.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

ddurbin

Waldo,
You're somewhat vague.  Can you pinpoint your guess a little better?

Wilma

Isn't the only thing close to the rodeo grounds the landing strip?  I was going to say airport, but I didn't want to give anyone a false impression.

sixdogsmom

The road that goes around the arena at the rodeo grounds (160 highway E of higway 99), is pretty near an oval. A pretty good distance around it to walk, used to walk it often.
Edie

Wilma

It has to be that or the rodeo arena itself.

W. Gray

Actually, I was mumbling, and my words did not come out right.

I was thinking it was the rodeo grounds because they look somewhat oval from the air and something related to KDOT district 4 is right close to those grounds.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

ddurbin

I'm glad to see there's still some players.  Sorry, but it's not the Rodeo grounds, although you're headed in the right direction.  Stay tuned later today for the next very revealing clue.  Use the satellite views, there's no markings for this spot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk