three new custom built jets

Started by flo, August 06, 2009, 10:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

This is really a hot subject on the news around here (Wichita and surrounding areas).  People are really ticked off about this subject, and seem to be taking action by contacting the Congress-people about it.  It's not the fact that the jets were purchased (although everyone agrees this is a waste of money), it's the fact that not long ago, these same Congress-people chastised the auto-industry for having/buying/maintaining jets.  It's completely hypocritical! 
To read the story from Channel 12 KWCH (CBS) and post your comments:  http://www.kwch.com/global/story.asp?s=10855866

Varmit

Quote from: Anmar on August 06, 2009, 02:45:39 PM
  Whether you like it or not, it's not going to happen and there is no point in arguing about it anymore.

Funny, that is what obama said about healthcare.  This may apply to some folks that have a "victim" or "quitter" attitude.  However, there are those that will continue to fight for what they believe in.

As for the jets being built, this should really come as no surprise, espcially with the current adminstration. 
Quote from: Anmar on August 06, 2009, 01:57:51 PM
We the people are getting ripped off in congress every day and in the meantime, people are whining about issues that don't really matter, like Birth certificates, abortion, and a 2 billion dollar clunker program.

The birth certificate issue, I will agree is a dead issue, and abortion will always be a hot topic.  However, the "Cash for Clunkers" program DOES matter.  The gov't has taken three BILLION taxpayer dollars and given it to the auto industry.  The biggest chunk of which is going to foregin auto makers. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Anmar

Billy,  3 billion dollars is a drop in the pan.  Where were you when Bush gave 70 billion directly to GM and Chrysler despite Congress voting against it.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Varmit

Ok, first off, we aren't talking about Bush, why?...BECAUSE HE IS NOT THE PRESIDENT ANYMORE, I DIDN'T LIKE IT THEN, I DON'T LIKE IT NOW AND CONTINUING BAD POLICIES JUST BECAUSE "OH WELL,  BUSH DID IT TO" DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT!!!  3 BILLION A DROP IN THE BUCKET....REALLY...I DON'T CARE IF IT IS 3 CENTS, IT IS STILL NOTHING MORE THAN A BAILOUT.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

larryJ

Sitting at Sears waiting to replace my battery in my van and watching the news in the reception room------------------It is now EIGHT THATS EIGHT JETS that Congress wants.  whoops probably pushed too many buttons on the old laptop.  Do they honestly think they are going to get these planes?

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Varmit

Do you honestly think that they are not???

dnalexander

I was going to add a lot of info. but I got lazy. I stated my opinion on why this is wrong. So for anyone that cares contact your congress members. These planes are not just for Congress they will be used by military leaders, exec branch, cia, fbi and others. A simple 15 minutes of reading and "googling" will tell  you more than I can in a short post. I think many people will agree this is not necessary to do now.

David

Warph

Quote from: larryJ on August 07, 2009, 04:17:06 PM
Sitting at Sears waiting to replace my battery in my van and watching the news in the reception room------------------It is now EIGHT THATS EIGHT JETS that Congress wants.  whoops probably pushed too many buttons on the old laptop.  Do they honestly think they are going to get these planes?

Larryj

Larry.... After our Overlord Class spends $550 million to buy eight jets, look for the US Congress to buy itself a fleet of these next year: The BMW 7 Series High Security : 2010
http://www.cartype.com/pages/4195/bmw_7_series_high_security__2010

An intercom system with concealed microphones and speakers allows safe communication with people outside of the vehicle without the need to open doors or windows.  Additional safety options include an assault alarm, fire extinguishing system with temperature sensor for extinguishing fires in the engine compartment and below the vehicle as well as irritant gas sensors for protecting passengers from gas attacks.  If the interior protection system is triggered by excess gas levels, all windows are closed automatically, the central locking system is activated, the fresh air valves are closed and the ventilation system is shut off.  An additional internal fresh-air supply system ensures that passengers are provided with breathable air.  BMW also offers special options for authorities, governments and embassies.  The package provides a range of special features such as flag holders, arrangements for radio installations right through to a gun case with compartments for two machine guns in the center console.  This just the car for our great law-makers up on the Hill, not to mention Hip-Hop record producers and ghetto pimps!
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

greatguns

You can call your congressmen, but they seem to do whatever their hearts want after they get to D.C.

dnalexander

According to America's Morning News(A radio program I am listening to right now) Congress has canceled the 3 luxury Gulfstream jet order. Sometimes it works to complain to your Congressman. Thanks to those of you that wrote Congress as I did.

David

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk