The Government Health Care Plantation

Started by redcliffsw, July 18, 2009, 06:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalexander

Quote from: Jo McDonald on July 21, 2009, 09:38:12 AM
Cat You make very good points. I certainly will have to refresh my memory. But I have actually put on a backpack with a couple days of food, put on my cross country skis, Sorel Pack boots ,my  Magnesium match and steel,  with a Rem. 7mm mag and a 22 cal pistol,  fishing pole, tent,sleeping bag and my trusty Kansas City German Shepard Kaiser, and lived off the land skiing the Alaska pipeline wilderness for a month or more. If I can find a place in California I will do it here. Unfortunaely my Brit Kansas is a California boy that shivers in 40 degree weather while duck hunting. He wears a wetsuit.
David

David you must have been wearing a HUMONGOUS back pack to have all that gear with you.  We have gone on many pack trips -- but yours was a LOAD of "stuff".
Jo

Jo had you taken Mountaineering for your PE class in High School you would know that I needed all that plus a few items more for any trip in to the Alaska outdoors. (I could have saved a couple pounds leaving the Colt Woodsman at home.) It all fits quite nicely on and in a standard  Kelty pack. To see where it was done google 10.5 mile Richardson Hwy in Valdez, Ak where my house and starting point was located. OK you caught me the or more part wasn't in Alaska it was in Yosemite. Also, I will admit that when you don't know when Alaskans say you could walk across the stream on the backs of Salmon they are not exaggerating by very much. Also, the area is loaded with Wild Blueberries. I will clarify that what I meant to say was that I skied on the snow covered ground that covers the pipeline. A very popular activity in Valdez though technically illegal.

If you were calling me a liar you would be wrong. I will respond by telling you what we would have called you in Alaska. Bear Bait or Female Rescue Victim #1.

Don't worry no one hurt my feelings.

David :)

Jo McDonald

Kelty is the brand name of the back pack.  we used them always when we back packed into the mountains. 
David --- we did many trips and it took more than two days of canned food to last a month!!  Guess I yanked your chain a tad, huh???
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

dnalexander

Quote from: Jo McDonald on July 21, 2009, 08:40:53 PM
Kelty is the brand name of the back pack.  we used them always when we back packed into the mountains. 
David --- we did many trips and it took more than two days of canned food to last a month!!  Guess I yanked your chain a tad, huh???

No didn't yank my chain like I said at all I was just commenting on where Cat implied you were saying I was full of stuff. I have not taken canned food on a trip since cub scouts. Mountain House Freeze Dried was for back up in case of no fish or berries. As I said I took no offense to any of the posts. ;D

David

Anmar

I'm a big fan of mountain house.  I go backpacking in yosemite every summer and boy nothing is better than their chicken and rice after a long hike.  Stay away from the chili though, you don't wanna know.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk