National Education Association (NEA)

Started by redcliffsw, July 15, 2009, 04:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Catwoman

Your post was linked to an article on how the NEA is backing gay marriage.  Interesting but nothing about home schooling.

Diane Amberg

I was an NEA ,DSEA and MSTA member for many years. Red, what's the problem?

Catwoman

Maybe she's trying to send out false leads to cover the fact that she's on the school board?? lol

jerry wagner

I believe, and this is a supposition, that Red is trying to correlate the idea that since members of the NEA are favoring gay marriage that they would do so in the classroom and accordingly we should not send our children to public schools where they would be so twisted by the simple concept that the government should be attempting to trample over the rights of gay couples that would like to marry.

redcliffsw

Catwoman- I mentioned the homeshcooling with no indication
of homeschooling being in the article.

Well Diane, it's no surpirse that you have been a member of those
groups.  What else are you a member?

Diane Amberg

Red, as I've retired back some I've dropped a few memberships, but am now or have been a member of AARP, National Association of EMTs, NFPA, Delaware Volunteer Fireman's Asc., Cumberland Valley Fireman's Asc., the others I mentioned before, and even NRA. I wanted to join Eastern Star but just couldn't find the time to do it justice. Why do you ask?

dnalexander

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 16, 2009, 03:33:33 PM
Red, as I've retired back some I've dropped a few memberships, but am now or have been a member of AARP, National Association of EMTs, NFPA, Delaware Volunteer Fireman's Asc., Cumberland Valley Fireman's Asc., the others I mentioned before, and even NRA. I wanted to join Eastern Star but just couldn't find the time to do it justice. Why do you ask?

Diane, are you now or have you ever been been a member of the communist party?
Diane, you are here by directed to report to Manzanar.
NEA members are to to be counted as 3/5 of a person.

Sorry for the sarcasm. My hot buttons have been hit recently and I will follow Teresa's move and bite my tongue.

David

W. Gray

Shades of the 1787 constitutional compromise when the northern and southern states agreed that a slave was three fifths of a person when it came to the census and the drawing of house of representatives jurisdictional lines.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

dnalexander

Quote from: W. Gray on July 16, 2009, 04:34:52 PM
Shades of the 1787 constitutional compromise when the northern and southern states agreed that a slave was three fifths of a person when it came to the census and the drawing of house of representatives jurisdictional lines.

Waldo, thanks for the history lesson. My hope is people will pay more attention to your history lesson and look it up:  than pay attention to my sarcastic rant. My lesson has to do with the rudeness and name calling that hits the forum periodically. Our parents taught us about that and seems as adults we choose to ignore it sometimes. Your history lesson is less known and very\more important.

David

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk