How often does your family have dinner together?

Started by Warph, July 13, 2009, 10:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasadeay

At our house it was tradition that our kids each had to share one thing that they had learned during the day....It started out as a way to keep updated on school matters.....it was always informative and interesting, and rarely included math or science skills... lol... but what we discovered was that even though we didn't always learn what chapter they were working on in English.... we did learn what was important to them in their lives for their ages, who they ran around with, and what their friends were involved in........ valuable information for any parent.  I also found it interesting that they always wanted to know what we had learned.... this gave us a real opportunity to pass on examples of all sorts of "life skills" that might have otherwise never been discussed.    I'll be curious to see if when the time comes they use the same system with their own children...... I sure hope so!

Delbert

The next time I have a family I'll do better.  Things have changed. 

greatguns

If someone goes to the trouble to prepare you a meal the least you can do is come to the table to eat it and say thank you before you ask to be excused from the table.  This could aso be under the things I learned from my dearest Grandmother Edwards.

wasadeay

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk