Weather

Started by Jane, July 04, 2009, 06:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jane

:laugh: I have come eye to eye with a couple of our Hummingbirds. They seem to know we love watching them. We also have a couple of little birds we have yet to find in the bird book. Rex just loves our bats at night, I have had them so close they feather my hair when they fly by. They also seem to know we are in love with nature. We have rabbits that do not run and deer that just stand and look at us. We also have a couple of Tom Turkeys that come in the year. This year we keep hearing Bob White so we are hoping they make a come back.
I just cannot make myself move back to town.
Jane

Jane

Ok, it has rained 4.91 inches in Wichita. How much has it rained in Howard and how are the Paw Paw and Elk River doing???? :(
We have not had much in Wakarusa but it is still drizzling.
Jane

Tobina+1

Raining again/still/more.  Actually, the sun came out in the middle of the afternoon, but didn't last for long.  Hubby just dumped the rain gauge, but I think it showed around 2-1/2" before he dumped it.  He said Howard (in town) had 3".  From the radar, it just keeps building!  Kinda reminds me of June 2007 when we had all that rain in 5-6 days!  We've got a long way to go to do that, but just the feeling and the way it's raining.  I haven't ventured out to see the rivers, so someone else will have to give that report.

Wilma

Just a little over 3 1/2 inches on the west side of Howard and it has pretty much stopped for now.

Tobina+1

Wilma spoke too soon!  Actually, the evening was very pretty with the sun peeking out a bit.  But we got another 1-1/2" during the night with some fantastic lightning and thunder displays.  Sprinking again this morning.  I think it's supposed to have a break mid-morning, and then back again later today, though.  Eastern Elk County is in a flash flood warning.

Delbert

Never turn down a rain or a baby calf.

Wilma

A total of 5 1/2 inches by this morning on the west side of Howard.  Two inches during the night.

sixdogsmom

I don't hear much traffic, I wonder if the roads are flooded east of Moline. There are a couple of places that get pretty deep on occasion. I need to go shopping, but will wait till I don't need water wings to get there.  :P
Edie

Jane

So how are Paw Paw and Elk River doing? Are they out of their banks yet. Just wondering how the crops are doing that are next to them.  :)
Jane

Tobina+1

I did go to Howard today, but didn't notice the river being out of it's banks (or even up very high).  I think in the Western part of the county, it's the last part to flood. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk