Weather

Started by Jane, July 04, 2009, 06:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jane

It keeps raining off and on up here in Wakarusa. How is the rain in Howard?
Jane

hhjacobs

It has beenshowering since about 5:20. I have had about 4 tenths so far,nice shower for our bean crop.
Henry

Jane

Thanks, hope it helps the corn along with the beans.
Jane

Teresa

It is HOT HOT HOT  here today..
Whew.. i don't think that there is an ounce of air out there to breathe that isn't coming off of a 107 degree furnace.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

patyrn

Same here in Oklahoma!  Yesterday was 105, and it is supposed to continue in that range through at least Wednesday.  There is a 20% possibility of some moisture here by next weekend, but it will probably burn out by the time it's supposed to arrive.  I cannot imagine how it must have been to be a pioneer living in or going across the Oklahoma Territory prairie in a covered wagon during the hot summer with the winds blowing ninety to nothing.  Thank Goodness for air conditioning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jo McDonald

When I was fixing supper last evening at 6 Fred asked me what the temp was - and the remote on the east side of the house said 111.
I wished he hadn't asked.  lol
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Catwoman

The temp isn't what bothers me...What I hate is the heat index attached to it.  The humidity has been killer for the past few days.

Jane

When we left St Robert, MO Sunday after spending the week end with our daughter stationed at Ft Leonard Wood. The humidity was 100%. Saturday night we had run into rain, hail from pea size to golf ball size but it was soft and did no damage. :o
I am sure if anyone had breathing problems they were in the air conditioning.

Tobina+1

The rain cooled it off a bit today, for a little while.  Nice relief, but probably not for long!  WeatherBug is already giving excessive heat warnings for the next couple days.

patyrn

We're watching bad weather moving toward us south from Kansas.  Has Elk County received any thunderstorms or hail tonight?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk