ELK RIVER FESTIVAL

Started by genealogynut, September 22, 2006, 07:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

It is small, but I think it it really nice. Has quite a few things in it that I found interesting since I am from this area.

I have never got to really "look" and "read".. and that is what I love to do in those places. I am not one to just go in and walk through and leave. I am the one that you will be seeing taking pictrues and reading in detail about all of the stuff.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

MarineMom

Quote from: Teresa on September 25, 2006, 09:37:49 AM
.. and that is what I love to do in those places. I am not one to just go in and walk through and leave. I am the one that you will be seeing taking pictrues and reading in detail about all of the stuff.

ME TOO

Wilma

I would like to see the museum open on a regular basis, at a time that interested people could be there.  It is frustrating to have to call someone to come open up, then if they are waiting for you to get through, you feel like you have to hurry.  Does anyone have any ideas as to how this could be done?

Jane

I think the museum board should look into using volunteers, so the same people would not have to be there everytime.  Open hours would be based on the events that are going on, in and around Howard. With the festival being this week end why not have it open except for during the parade and lunch. I am sure people would take the time to walk over and take a peek.
People that have donated might like to see how their items are being shown.
Army Mom

Wilma

I like that idea.  How do we do it?

genealogynut

Volunteers would be wonderful.  But I am wondering how that would work........if it's anything like gettng people to volunteer just a little of their time  (5 minutes) to post something each day on this forum. Maybe I am just too pessimistic

Wilma

You are right about that.  It would need coordinating.  Maybe an organization would take it on as a project.  Does anyone know if the teachers  ever bring their classes to go through the museum?

Jane

The secret would be, to get the Board members interested in taking the time to setup an assignment sheet. Put a name of a different board member or volunteer with each different event. I would think if they knew they could watch some of the activities and take a lunch ,they might be more interested. The museum gets money donations, so why not pay for the on duty persons lunch.
Army Mom

Teresa

Awesome idea.
I know that I would take my turn in being there to help. If everyone took an hour or if they had enough people thelp.. maybe even 30 minutes each. I think that would not be a hardship on anyone.

Great idea. I will try to contact one of the board members and see if they would be willing to do that. Then I guess it would be up to some of us to get together and make a quick schedule. After all. it is Saturday and that doesn't leave much time.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk