ELK RIVER FESTIVAL

Started by genealogynut, September 22, 2006, 07:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

I think it would be really cool if Teresa and Kjell were in the parade dressed  in the fashion's representing the 1800's time period, advertising the cascity.com website. (Free advertising)

Mom70x7

Let's keep it proper here -  :-[ - we won't know FOR SURE if she's got the corset on, right?  ;)

Teresa

hahahaa... we have thought about it, but I am not sure .. :-\
But thanks for thinking of it.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

I think that Danny and Derek are going to do the chili cookoff again this year. They have so much fun and they make awesome chili. They get there cooking ability from me.. but I have to say that they make their own recipe of chili and they do a mighty fine job too.
I guess I should of said.. that they get their love of cooking from me.. because they cook lots of "their own recipes" . Trial and error... but I still do that and sometimes it is good and sometimes it isn't so good.. but it is alwasy eaten.
( but not  my pickles... I make horrible pickles  :P)
Mike Mitchell makes the best pickles I have ever eaten. He makes LOTS of canned stuff and jerky's and meats etc.. he is really good at that kind of stuff.

genealogynut

I am wondering if the museum will be open any time at all during the Elk River Festival.  Would anyone know?

jensarlou

Could someone post a picture of this years Elk River Festival T-Shirt design?   Thanks
Andrea

Janet Harrington

Usually the museum is open, but I'm not sure.  I do know that the museum opens when Santa comes to town because they do an open house on that day.

Teresa

yes I THINK~~it is going to be open...  ::)  ???
:-X Don't get me started on that subject.

At parade time at fair time this year they were open from something like 9-11  .
The time that people are getting ready for the parade and lining up and during the parade. Then they are closed.
I was in there really looking around and Pauline Miller told me that they were closing and if I wanted to look again, I could call them and they would come up and open up ..
sighhhhh... I was ALREADY in there and she was ALREADY there... WHY would I have her go home and call so she could open back up so I could finish browsing and looking around.  ???
There was 2 other people in there too at that time. But we were sasshade right out of there.
And why were they open during the parade when everyone was watching the parade?

So I believe that they will be open, but I don't really know what times on Elk Festival Day.

genealogynut

I am glad you explained your remark about "getting started on that". Otherwise, it would have left me wondering ???, what did she mean by that. An incident like that would have "bent me out-of shape," even more so, since I live out of the county.

MarineMom

According to the flyer the museum will only be open from 9:30-11:00 am. Now my question is---How is someone supposed to experience 135 years of history in 90 minutes? ??? Is the museum worth going to? I have been wanting to go since I moved here but not if I am going to be rushed through.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk