Just cause I don't want to..........

Started by pamsback, June 03, 2009, 08:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pamsback

be accused of takin up for Tiller I'm startin this here. And this really ain't the place for it I suppose but.........I ain't the one who brought religion into all this stuff. So Teresa feel free to get rid of this if you think you need to....I just GOTTA vent.

I just have a question for all yall........do you REALLY think you are qualified to judge the spiritual fitness of another person?
I'll be honest because I'm not ashamed...... I have ABsolutely no use whatsoever for organized religion. People get to thinkin because they "belong" to such and such church or religion or whatever that all of a sudden they are the moral authority for everybody they see. Did yall not read the part about not buggin your neighbor about the splinter in HIS eye while you got a plank in yours? Have yall not heard about the Spanish Inquisition? The witch burnings? The Crusades? The Jihad? All of them caused and perpetuated by religious NUTS who think/thought they are/were the "Chosen" quardians of the "true" religion and the ONLY ones who are gonna go to HEaven while the rest of us turn on a spit? The ONLY ones qualified to judge the fitness of another persons faith?

I read the part where Jesus said basically that God is in us all and we COULD have HEaven on Earth but we are too STUPID to see and accept it.

Wilma

I think I like the way you think, Pam.

Teresa

This thread will stay Pam..
Well spoken..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Mom70x7

QuoteI think I like the way you think, Pam.

Me, too!  :D

srkruzich

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

flo

;) now I know what you meant.  That statement says it all and tells it like it is.  I fully agree with you.   :angel:
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Tobina+1

Quote from: pamsback on June 03, 2009, 08:19:31 PM
People get to thinkin because they "belong" to such and such church or religion or whatever that all of a sudden they are the moral authority for everybody they see.

Pam; I'm not bashing you because you think this way, but I must politely disagree with you.  I think your statement that I quoted above makes you just as guilty of judgement as what you're accusing people who go to church to be. 
Just because I attend church and enjoy organized religion, doesn't mean that I'm judging you because you do not.  I respect that there are many different religions out there and people believe in many different "gods".  My thoughts are that as long as people are faithful to a higher power, then that's all that matters.  There's many more non-believers or non-faithful out there to "battle" against, rather than bash other religions. 

Tobina+1

Also...
Besides, Dr. Tiller was going to church in an organized religion!  So, obviously those people of that church did not judge Tiller on his employment or his beliefs!

pamsback

Lol, I never SAID I was perfect, I have judged church on my past experiences! I never said I didn't!

A few people on here have been throwin the holier than thou around and I merely asked if they actually thought they were qualified to do Gods job. The whole point of my rant was No NONE of us are.

I also wasn't bashing "other religions". I figure your religion is your business not mine same as mine is mine and nobody elses.

This also had nothin to with Tiller which is why I seperated it from the Tiller thread. Sorry if I did not make myself clear enough. I stand by every word.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk