New Kansas Law

Started by Tobina+1, June 02, 2009, 04:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

So, there is a new Kansas driving law set to start on July 1st (I think).  The law states that you can only drive in the left lane when passing or exiting on the left, or in the city limits.
I've been driving a lot on the interstates lately, and I'm thinking that this law will help make up the budget deficit this year!  Ha!  That is, if they really actually enforce it.  There were SO many people who just camped out in the left lane, and some of them who didn't even bother to move over for someone to pass them, forcing us to pass on the right!  Like I said, if they really enforce this law, there's potential to make a lot of money on tickets; I've heard that a ticket is $60.  Well, maybe not meet the budget deficit, but at least pay a few troopers' salaries!   :police:

jerry wagner

Finally the signs will have a legal backbone.  Tired of people parking in the left lane.  >:(

Teresa

Awesome! My pet peeve is when one is on the right going the speed limit....one is on the left going the speed limit as the one on the right..
And I am behind them... trying to get around ...wanting to speed...
opps.................
Did I just say that out loud?
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

indygal

OK, I'll play devil's advocate here. Let's say the speed limit is posted at 65 (the key word here is "limit"). A driver in the left lane is doing 65...explain why should that be illegal? It's reasonable to expect passing in the left lane if a driver is doing 60 in the right lane. It is, after all, a "passing" lane....not a "speeding" lane. Some roads have minimum/maximum speed limits posted, which means anything within that range is legal. The trouble is, people are speeding in the right and left lanes, and anyone actually doing the speed limit becomes a "problem." Am I the only one who sees this as ridiculous?  ??? And before anyone lets go with some "road rage" on me, I do about 3-4 miles over the limit except on city streets, and I get passed on the right all the time. I must not be speeding fast enough to please everyone else!  ;D Oh, and I've never had a speeding ticket, either.   :angel:

Joanna

Well,  you little devil! ('s advocate)  ;)  You're probably the reason they are going to start enforcing this law all by yourself!

I used to love driving on the left. It felt like I was going faster than everyone else AND since I'm left-handed it was surely designed just for me...  Then I met my husband who simply won't let me have any fun (when he's around).  I learned years ago that I'd better stay in the right lane unless I had a reason to be in the left... it's made our whole marriage go much smoother.  So There! A legitimate reason for you!

It is a good idea to keep the left lane clear for emergency vehicles, folks who are trying to pass that guy going 63, and those who will speed no matter what the law. I'm sure Diane could come up with a dozen other reasons too  ;D She's good at that stuff.

I'm happy about it myself. I used to wish I could go around and pop water balloons on cars of people who were driving wrongly.  I see people all the time "pacing" semi trucks in passing lanes and making the truckers slow down to get back where they need to be.

Teresa

Its a "free" passing lane..
if you want or need to pass.. use the left lane.. if not.. keep your hinny in the right!

(((Road rage off........)))

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Whadda  ya do when it's an interstate with 5 lanes going in the same direction? Ya can't pack' em all in the far right lane. We hope people will pull to the right for us, if not, we work around it, sometimes using the shoulder if we must. We have a new law here too. If road crews, police or emergency workers are on the road edge, you have to move over if there is a free lane to do so, or slow way down until you are past them. Too many people are using cell phones and texting while driving and folks are getting clipped.

Joanna

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 02, 2009, 06:57:26 PM
Whadda  ya do when it's an interstate with 5 lanes going in the same direction? ...

:o 5 lanes in the same direction?!?! :o  I think the only place that happens around here is on the horse track.   :D ;D ;)

flintauqua

Or the High School Track!  ;D

Sarah

Quote from: Teresa on June 02, 2009, 04:34:27 PM
Awesome! My pet peeve is when one is on the right going the speed limit....one is on the left going the speed limit as the one on the right..
And I am behind them... trying to get around ...wanting to speed...
opps.................
Did I just say that out loud?

ROTFL!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk