Equal Time

Started by Jo McDonald, June 02, 2009, 12:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

Equal Time - Obama vs. Bush

Test Your Sense of Fair Play, Obama vs.  Bush

If  George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics,  would you have approved?

If George W. Bush  had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches,  would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had bowed  to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have approved? 

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and  made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have  brushed it off as a minor slip?

If  George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people  who cannot seem to keep current on their income taxes, would you have  approved?

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of  the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional  authority to do so, would you have approved?

If George W.  Bush had a Republican Congress allocate 5.6 Billion dollars for a civilian  volunteer security force, as strong and well equipped as the regular Army  and under his personal authority, would you have been  concerned?

If  George W. Bush had proposed doubling the national debt, which had taken  more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have  approved?

If George W. Bush had then proposed doubling the debt  again within 10 years, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush  had promised detailed tracking of the spending from a $785 Billion  Stimulus Bill and then postponed that oversight until 2010, would you  approve or would you think something "smelled fishy"? If Bush had promised  48 hour advance posting of the same bill on the internet and only released  it two hours before congressional approval, would you wonder what was  being hidden from the public?

If Bush's White House Staff had  spent over $300,000 flying Airforce One low over New York (for a publicity  photo flyby with the Statue of Liberty) frightening the  city.   Would  you have approved? 

If  George W. Bush had been "addicted" to using a TelePrompTer, and was afraid  to give a speech without having one, would you have approved  ? Would you  think he was intelligent?

If George W.  Bush had pre-approved/pre-picked the list of reporters allowed to ask  questions at his press conferences and refused to call on the  correspondent from MSNBC (FOX with  Obama), would you have approved?  Is that a  Fair and Balanced  news  conference?

If George W. Bush and a Republican Congress had given  hundreds of millions of dollars to a group (the right-wing   equivalent of ACORN) after its members had been convicted of voter  registration fraud, would you approve of them to doing the 2010 Census,  which will determine congressional districts for 10 years? Will you trust  ACORN in 2010?

Would you have approved of George W. Bush moving  the Census from the Dept. of Commerce into the White House and putting his  Chief of Staff in control of the counting?

He did all this in 14 weeks -- so we still have three years and eight  months full of surprises.
  So, seriously now, do YOU  approve?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Dee Gee

If George W. Bush had done these thing the press would have run him out of the White House.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Teresa

Right you are DeeGee..
Bush wasn't much when he was President.. but I don't think his policy's frightened people like Obama's policys do.

Dear President Obama:

You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me. 

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.   

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core.

You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.   

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America ' crowd and deliver this message abroad.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

The author~~
Lou Pritchett is one of corporate America 's true living legends- an acclaimed author, dynamic teacher and one of the world's highest rated speakers. Successful corporate executives everywhere recognize him as the foremost leader in change management. Lou changed the way America does business by creating an audacious concept that came to be known as "partnering." Pritchett rose from soap salesman to Vice-President, Sales and Customer Development for Procter and Gamble and over the course of 36 years, made corporate history.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Varmit

He certainly hit the nail on that one.  Good post.  You too Jo.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

kshillbillys

What about the $24,000 "Night On The Town" Obama treated Michelle to in New York City? I wouldn't have cared about it if I wouldn't have chipped in to pay for it. But, ya know, some of MY money went for that and I didn't even get a t-shirt or a postcard! It's a bunch of crap!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Diane Amberg

Ya know, I was thinking about that myself. Aside from security costs and such that happen whenever a high ranking official goes anywhere, why do we think we picked up the tab. Even at the White House, the family does pay their own bills. All presidents do. Has any other president been scrutinized by the media right down to the penny this way? It's rather curious.

Varmit

Diane, has any other president SPENT as much as this one has? 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Ha!      Billy, I didn't realize I had left a question unanswered. Compared to presidents past with various wars and figuring in inflation, I don't know how Pres. Obama stacks up. I know it seems like an enormous amount of money going out, but a lot is to be paid back and some banks already have. Once the car companies get reorganized and restructure themselves, perhaps they will start paying back their debt too. Chrysler had a bail out once before and paid it back. That was when Lee Iaccoca took a dollar a year in salary until they got straightened out. The car companies have got to get their own spending under control or they will implode again.

Varmit

Diane, our gov't has borrowed more since obama has been in office than in the past 30 years.  Chrysler is now run by the gov't, what makes you think they will get their spending under control?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk