Main Menu

Tiller

Started by kshillbillys, May 31, 2009, 04:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D Whetstone

Amazing!

I told myself not to walk into the Politics room. But I did. To see what was being said about the Dr. Tiller murder.

I didn't expect to find what I did.  The judgement of the church that he belonged to.  Now, in some ways, I am sorry that I did.  I know many of you feel like you live a million miles from Wichita, but this tragedy is personal for me.

I have stood in the very foyer of Reformation, shook Dr. Tillers hand and spoke with him. I grew up in that church until the 7th grade when my family moved away from Wichita.  My father was one who came to his aid while he was dying.  Not because he was a close friend of my Dad's.  But because he, Dr. Tiller, is a human being.

Honestly, my heart is broken over people who I believe are Christian yet choose to judge others.  I can accept that we all don't agree. I know that no human is in the same place along their journey to find the love and grace of Jesus Christ.  But I think Jesus called us to be compassionate people and to lead by example. That means taking in the least of us (however you might define least) and to try to show them the way of Christ. I don't think it means that you exclude them.

I am proud of the people of Reformation. If I imagined a church the way I think Jesus Christ would have envisioned, it is Reformation Lutheran.  I know they have struggled with the fact that Tiller's attended there. I am sure that some members were opposed to what he did. But they chose to show him the love of Jesus Christ.

They also allowed another to worship there. Scott Roeder. Many times.  I can tell you that there were things that made some in the church suspicious of Scott Roeder. Not directly related to Dr. Tiller, but other negative speak towards the corporate church.  Did they run him off? No. They included him in their congregation and allowed him to worship Jesus Christ.

As Christians, we are called to live life through the New Testament.  Again, as a people of love, inclusion, and compassion.

DW

srkruzich

Quote from: jerry wagner on June 03, 2009, 08:54:09 PM
Also, the bible is a compilation of texts, but not all the texts.  Please explain how that does not typify a selective process to what resulted.

??  It is complete.   just read it and you'll find out.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: flo on June 03, 2009, 09:12:28 PM
Quote from: srkruzich on June 03, 2009, 08:40:37 PM
The bottom line is tillers actions were horrendous because he Murdered children that would live outside the womb. IN FACT the way he did so was to deliver them breach so their heads were inside and killed them before they exited. THis was to get around the fact that the law deems them an american citizen the second they exit and he would have to face murder charges.  So by keeping their head inside he avoids the law.

The bottom line about that is, if their a baby halfway out their still a baby. IF their alive halfway out their still alive.  ANd if the only thing that makes them "alive and human" is the fact their heads exit, then their "alive and human" inside the womb.   

Society has really gone to hell when they murder the innocent and unborn.

I'm assuming you have actually witnessed this with your own eyes since you paint such a graphic picture, and not just repeating what you have heard someone else say during their rant and rave campaign.

Its a well documented proceedure.   If you wish i can get more graphic on how they carry out the murder.  IF you were to kill a dog in this manner you would go to prison for it.

flintauqua

Quote from: srkruzich on June 03, 2009, 08:48:37 PM
Quote from: jerry wagner on June 03, 2009, 08:45:58 PM
Quote from: srkruzich on June 03, 2009, 08:44:21 PM

Actually yes he talks to me.  Also the bible is his inerrant word. 

The bible is his inerrant word huh?  Interesting... since it was written by man.  In fact, primarily by men.  Wonder if that might affect the slant and outcome of the writings.
It wasn't written by man, it was given to man word for word from God. 
You won't find any error in the bible.

Which Bible?  King James, NRSV, Good News, NSV (there are many others)?

I have read at least seven different versions of the Bible, and each one is different.  Why?  Because they are INTERPRETATIONS and TRANSLATIONS by MAN, and can and do reflect the bias, predisposition and prejudices of those responsible for their printing.

jerry wagner

Quote from: srkruzich on June 03, 2009, 09:14:39 PM
Quote from: jerry wagner on June 03, 2009, 08:54:09 PM
Also, the bible is a compilation of texts, but not all the texts.  Please explain how that does not typify a selective process to what resulted.

??  It is complete.   just read it and you'll find out.

It is complete..... that is laughable at best.

Teresa

Thanks D Whetstone........................

You can surely be proud of that post.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

jerry wagner

Quote from: D Whetstone on June 03, 2009, 09:14:18 PM
Amazing!

I told myself not to walk into the Politics room. But I did. To see what was being said about the Dr. Tiller murder.

I didn't expect to find what I did.  The judgement of the church that he belonged to.  Now, in some ways, I am sorry that I did.  I know many of you feel like you live a million miles from Wichita, but this tragedy is personal for me.

I have stood in the very foyer of Reformation, shook Dr. Tillers hand and spoke with him. I grew up in that church until the 7th grade when my family moved away from Wichita.  My father was one who came to his aid while he was dying.  Not because he was a close friend of my Dad's.  But because he, Dr. Tiller, is a human being.

Honestly, my heart is broken over people who I believe are Christian yet choose to judge others.  I can accept that we all don't agree. I know that no human is in the same place along their journey to find the love and grace of Jesus Christ.  But I think Jesus called us to be compassionate people and to lead by example. That means taking in the least of us (however you might define least) and to try to show them the way of Christ. I don't think it means that you exclude them.

I am proud of the people of Reformation. If I imagined a church the way I think Jesus Christ would have envisioned, it is Reformation Lutheran.  I know they have struggled with the fact that Tiller's attended there. I am sure that some members were opposed to what he did. But they chose to show him the love of Jesus Christ.

They also allowed another to worship there. Scott Roeder. Many times.  I can tell you that there were things that made some in the church suspicious of Scott Roeder. Not directly related to Dr. Tiller, but other negative speak towards the corporate church.  Did they run him off? No. They included him in their congregation and allowed him to worship Jesus Christ.

As Christians, we are called to live life through the New Testament.  Again, as a people of love, inclusion, and compassion.

DW

Excellent post David.  It is concerning to me to see those that believe it is not only acceptable, but reasonable, to attack the church and its members for permitting one of its members to serve.  I cannot personally condone the unchecked hate and narrow mindedness that is being thrown around this thread with a complete disregard to the human suffering that has taken place due to this heinous act.

Varmit

It is not that a church allowed a member to serve, but rather they allowed a member who is an abortionist, to serve.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

srkruzich

Quote from: flintauqua on June 03, 2009, 09:17:58 PM
Quote from: srkruzich on June 03, 2009, 08:48:37 PM
Quote from: jerry wagner on June 03, 2009, 08:45:58 PM
Quote from: srkruzich on June 03, 2009, 08:44:21 PM

Actually yes he talks to me.  Also the bible is his inerrant word. 

The bible is his inerrant word huh?  Interesting... since it was written by man.  In fact, primarily by men.  Wonder if that might affect the slant and outcome of the writings.
It wasn't written by man, it was given to man word for word from God. 
You won't find any error in the bible.

Which Bible?  King James, NRSV, Good News, NSV (there are many others)?

I have read at least seven different versions of the Bible, and each one is different.  Why?  Because they are INTERPRETATIONS and TRANSLATIONS by MAN, and can and do reflect the bias, predisposition and prejudices of those responsible for their printing.

I use the KJV as it is the most correct translation of the originals.  Then I go back to the orignials and compare.  Once I study the etymology used, then i can determine how it was written.  You can eliminate a lot of wrong interpretations by doing this.  We have the original greek, aramaic and hebrew available to us so theres no reason not to go searching.

redcliffsw

Yes Sir!  The KJB is the Bible for the English speaking
Christian people.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk