Breaking News

Started by Wilma, May 31, 2009, 02:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

Yes, I am sitting here watching the coverage on TV.  He died about three hours ago.  He was 50 years old.  You know, they always say in Hollywood that the stars die in threes.  So it is.  Ed Mcmahon, Farah Fawcett, and now Michael Jackson.  He was living in the exclusive Holmby Hills area of LA renting a house for $100,000 a month. I wasn't crazy about his personal life, but I did love the music.  Too sad.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Tobina+1

I hadn't heard that Farrah Fawcett had died.  Was MJ from natural causes?  (Although I'm not sure there was much left "natural" about him anyway...  ;) )

kshillbillys

Cardiac arrest  and never regained consciousness
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

larryJ

Only in LA!  They are showing right now the Jackson family home with a big iron gate.  There are five LAPD motor officers standing in front of it.  There is an older lady holding a bouquet of flowers standing next to the gate.  A car just went through the gate after checking with the officers and she wanted whoever was in the car to take the flowers which they didn't do.  Then the LAPD officer went to her and told her to move away from the gate and if I read lips correctly, she said--------------no.

Larryj

larryJ

Wait!!!! there's more.  The LA media is really having to scramble on this one.  They are covering the Jackson family home, the Holmby Hills estate where Michael was living, Neverland Ranch some two and one half hours north of here, UCLA Medical Center, and his star on Hollywood Blvd.  They are probably pulling reporters out of retirement for this one.  I will try to keep up here.

Larryj

sixdogsmom

It is nice to know that we have a reporter on site for this important event. Who did not enjoy MJs' talent, but it seems almost obscene to admit it in light of his weirdness. Had it been you or me, we would be locked away, or at the very least heavily sedated. What a waste, the plastic surgeons will miss him.  ::)
Edie

kshillbillys

I didn't agree with a lot of the things that he was *accused* of. I enjoyed his music. I was in 4th grade when Thriller came out and I remember listening to the record with my sister. He was a big name. It just goes to show how so much fame can really mess people up. They are talking a prescription drug problem now (like Anna Nicole Smith). Guess we wait for the autopsy. But this is so shocking and such big news that we're gonna hear about it for quite some time!

larryJ

Paramedics worked on him for 42 minutes before transport to the hospital.  That is the news report.  The rumor report is that his personal physician was there.  In texting my 34 year old daughter about this she said she felt old the same way I must have felt when Elvis died.  She is out of the will.  On a sadder note, two pharmacists and a plastic surgeon have filed for bankruptcy.

It is 5:30 PM here or thereabouts.  The TV media have been on this since they heard about it and this will probably go on until prime time shows start at 8 PM.

Larryj

kshillbillys

It's 7:40 here and they're still going on about it...like I said, big news and shocking too....

larryJ

This just keeps getting better.  There are actually two Michael Jacksons.  The one that just died and Michael Jackson the radio announcer and media figure.  Both have stars on the Hollywood walk of fame.  People are putting flowers and gathering around----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------both stars.

Larryj

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk