Longton Cemetery Board

Started by kshillbillys, May 25, 2009, 02:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

Can anyone tell me who serves on this board? My husband and I spent over an hour out there Saturday night picking up headstones and trying to put them upright so at least people could read who they were. The vandalism that has gone on out there is horrifying. I can't believe kids have no more respect for the dead than to push over and break off headstones and then they just lay there for God only knows how long. I have no family buried here, but I have more respect for the dead than to let their headstones lay face down or toppled over. It's just disgusting! >:(
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

L Hendricks

You might contact Longton City office or maybe Jack and Velva Rae Hoyt - either might have a knowledge of who serves on this board.

kshillbillys

ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

sixdogsmom

Hillbilly, thanks for your attempt to aright the wrongs that had been done in the Longton cemetary. In my honest opinion there is hardly any lower being than one who desecrates a grave or steals the decorations.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the volunteers who took time from their holiday week end to help cleanup, decorate or fly flags in our local cemetaries. I also want to thank all the volunteers from our local VFW posts who participated in the Memorial Day Ceremonies. I made several trips daily to our Moline Cemetary to watch the flags flying; just awesome!
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk