Cheney vs Obama

Started by Warph, May 25, 2009, 09:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Cheney VS Obama

Barack Obama did not have to give his speech at the National Archives, nor did he have to give the speech immediately before former Vice President Dick Cheney's long-scheduled speech.  Karl Rove said Obama's speech was "Extraordinary, given from a position of weakness, not strength.  The speech was an extraordinary attack on the former administration, calling them un-American."

Dick Cheney went back in history in his speech, reminding listeners of former attacks on the United States and how former administrations had dealt, or more precisely failed to deal with the enemy.  Cheney points out not only the failings or former administrations, but the failures of the media after September 11, 2001 and failures of politicians who used what the Bush administration did to protect the US to divide the country.

Cheney to Obama:  "Proceed very carefully. I would advise the administration to think carefully about the course ahead ... Only three terrorists were waterboarded. ...  We did not know about al-Qaeda's future plans, KSM did.  ... What happened at Abu Ghraib had nothing to do with Guantanamo Bay ...  a "few sadistic guards" committed illegal, immoral acts and therefore "deserve Army justice." ...  Seven and a half years without an attack is not a record to be scorned."

Cheney continues:   "... the Bush administration "didn't invent" the authority exercised in the war against al Qaeda and others, it was clearly granted by the Constitution and legislation passed by Congress after the September 11 attacks. ...  Triangulation is a political strategy, not a national security strategy. ... There is never a good time to compromise when [the lives of the American people] hang in the balance."

Cheney gives credit where credit is due: "When President Obama makes wise decisions ... he deserves our support," Cheney said. "And when he faults or mischaracterizes the national security decisions we made in the Bush years, he deserves an answer."

Obama still plans to close Gitmo, but still has no plan:
"We are going to exhaust every avenue that we have to prosecute those at Guantanamo who pose a danger to our country," Obama said. "But even when this process is complete, there may be a number of people who cannot be prosecuted for past crimes but who nonetheless pose a threat to the security of the United States. . . . I am not going to release individuals who endanger the American people."

Karl Rove is correct, this speech was given from a position of weakness.  The backdrop of the Archives, including the US Constitution, Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence was all part of the staging that goes into every speech Obama delivers.  It was intended to give his statements credibility.  The truth is America is weaker and more vulnerable because Barack Hussein Obama is President.  Rove and Cheney are right.  Obama is wrong.

Cheney says "release the documents" that show the thwarted terror attacks thanks to the Bush administration.  Obama will only release what benefits his views.  That's the type of Clown he is..... for shame!  But you have to also remember, Obama is a puppet, it is the "sinister force" behind him that's pulling the strings.

One last thought, God bless Cheney.  This man has served his country and could be sitting on the porch sipping tea with his wife back in the State of Wyoming.  But he seems to be the only politician willing to stand up to Barack Obama and God bless him for it.
  ....Warph
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

I have no doubt when Pre. Obama is done he'll be attacked too,even more so than now. I just have one question. I was always afraid Rumsfeld and Cheney were the power behind the throne, so to speak. If it's so important, why didn't Pres. Bush do it? Wouldn't that have been more valuable to the  Republican party?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk