Memorial Day 2009

Started by Tobina+1, May 21, 2009, 10:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

Just want to wish everyone a happy Memorial Day and SAFE weekend! 
Driving around the area, the cemeteries look so nice!  Thanks to those people who do such a great job of getting them groomed and ready for the Memorial Weekend.  I remember when we were in 4-H, that was one of our community projects was to mow at least 2 cemeteries twice a year (before Memorial weekend and before Labor day weekend)... (keep in mind where I grew up the grass didn't grow too tall during the summer).  So, I can appreciate what it takes to get them mowed and looking good (and gathering the old flowers).

Teresa

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG,OF THE UNITED
STATES OF AMERICA....AND TO THE REPUBLIC
FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD,
INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

larryJ

Thank you, Teresa, just-------------------------------------------thank you.
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Wilma

Teresa, where can you get weiners for $1.19?  I want to get me some.

Dee Gee

How about gasoline for $1.64, I would drive across town for that price.  ;D
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Ms Bear

dnalexander

On Memorial Day I hope we all remember those that have fought for our freedom in all wars, whether you think they were right or wrong. They answered the call of duty to their country. They fought to keep us free. It doesn't matter which war it was. I hope too that when we look at the sea of graves at Arlington we also, vow to do all we can to minimize the number of headstones that are placed in Arlington. This picture makes me both proud and sad.

David

Wilma

I just watched "Above and Beyond" the story of the bombing of Hiroshima.  Anyone that doesn't think that war is hell or that WWII didn't amount to much should watch this one.  It is even more graphic than the newsreels were at that time.

Diane Amberg

David, have you ever been to Arlington?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk