FAVORITE CAR?

Started by Wilma, May 19, 2009, 10:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delbert

My first car was a 1948 chevy that I bought off of my mother's aunt Nell for 150.00 dollars.  My dad thought I paid too much for it.  I got it  half way through my first year in college and it lasted all the way through.  It attended many dances. My room -mate borrowed it and ran into a parked car.  We bought a used fender that didn't match of course.  I drove it to Kansas City where I started teaching but traded for a TR3.  It died on the way to be traded but I got it going.

Dale Smith

Since I have been "away" for a time, I'm going to take the opportunity to revive this topic. I have enjoyed reading this a lot.

Since several have mentioned the Ford Falcon, I'll start with that.  While I never owned one of my own, my Mom did have two of them. When we lived in Maine, in the 60's she had a baby blue 1964 Falcon Futura convertible.  Wow, that was a fun car.  It was such a good car that she also got a 1965 2-door Falcon, while we lived in Iola.  I wouldn't mind having a convertible Falcon again.

Many of you in Howard might remember the 1967 Mustang I had when I was in High School.  I ended up selling that to a Mustang collector and getting that big red Cadillac Coupe de Ville I had for many years.  Wow that was a nice car.

Anyway... my most favorite car I have ever had was probably my 1990 Volvo 740.  What a great car that was. I wanted to keep it forever, but right after I finished paying for it, a trash truck, in Washington DC, backed into it.  I was bummed.  LOL

I've had so many cars over the years (I used to trade every two years) it would probably take a while to list them all. I won't bore you with that. 

srkruzich

My 1964 GTO, and my 1980 camaro (year i graduated highschool).

My GTO is gone but my camaro is still around.  Put a L2 350 into it with a 700r4 tranny. 4bbl demon carb on top.  Boy does it S&G down the road
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

momof 2boys

My first car was a 1967 mustang fastback.  It was a plum color. I got it when I turned sixteen in 1986.   I don't remember picking that car out, I think it was more my dad's choice than mine.  But I loved that car!!! The stories it could tell !  LOL!!!

hhjacobs

Our first new car was a 1968 Chevelle Malibu, bright red! We still have the car but it needs someone to do body work. Henry has the motor and transmission ready to go, but he doesn't like body work. 

Jane

Gina,
To bad you do not have that Mustang Fastback now. When you watch the car auction on TV they bring big bucks. I had a 1956 Red Chevy that my Dad bought from a junk dealer and the only thing wrong with it, it needed new brakes.Time and time again I wish I had kept that car.

Jane

Wilma

We have talked about favorite cars but now I want to tell you about my favorite truck.  Everybody has or has had a truck at one time or another.  Incidentally, I never had a car of my own before I was married.  At that time girls didn't have their own car and usually depended on a brother to do the driving for them.  Being between two brothers, I was never at a loss for a driver.  But back to my favorite truck.

By truck, of course, I mean pick-up truck.  That ingenious piece of transportation that carried you anywhere you wanted to go, hauled all your dogs and equipment and all the junk that you could buy at an auction.  My favorite one was a 1979 F-150, 460.  I hope that number is right.  Anyway, it was a powerful machine.  It was rust colored, indeterminate as to whether it was brown or red.  It took us wherever we wanted to go through my mother's pastures or ours.  Over the steepest hills of Elk County roads, including the big rocks that sometimes remained in the middle of the roads.  My husband and I spent lots of time in that truck, coming to Elk County and going back to Sedgwick County.  It had an 8-track player but no cassette player.  We bought it when our 1977 Dodge wasn't running so good anymore.  Realizing that we needed a better truck, I began reading the want ads for older trucks.  I found one at a dealer just a block south of where I worked and they were willing to bring it to my place of employment for my inspection.  Finding that it suited our needs, I talked to them about bringing my husband back to look at it later after work.  They offered to let me drive it home.  I drove it home, picked up my husband, we made a deal which included some brake work and it was ours.  That must have been in the late 80's as it was before I retired.  We drove that truck until we bought a newer one in 1999.  Pretty good old truck.  I still had it when the time came for me to liquidate my excess possessions.  It did my heart good to see that it was still moving under it's own power when the new owner drove it out of my yard.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk