FAVORITE CAR?

Started by Wilma, May 19, 2009, 10:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Al's mom had a new 19641/2 Mustang that he got to drive on dates. I loved it.

flo

gotta comment on pamsback and her "street race wins".  What she failed to tell you is she learned to street race in our Mercury Marquis Broughm 9 passenger stationwagon.  I was informed years later that there wasn't a vehicle in Elk County that would outrun that mercury.  And Vancil's, not Hedricks, rebuilt the motor for her Dodge Dart. 
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Diane Amberg

I have a hard time picturing anybody racing a station wagon. ;D ;D ;D

pamsback

Oh my bad Dad told me Hedrick did :P
Diane, that station wagon didn't HAVE a top speed lol we just pegged the speedometer and kept goin! I cut my very first ktty in it  ;D

mtcookson

Favorite car - my 1991 Nissan 300ZX. They've always been a dream car of mine and I finally got one not too long ago. They were originally introduced in late 1989 as a 1990 model and were way ahead of their time at release. They originally came with a 3 liter V6 making 222 horsepower and later released the Twin Turbo model, which I bet made the American manufacturers freak out a bit by putting out 300 hp... considering the Mustang was making 225 hp, the top model Camaro 240 hp, and the Corvette 250 hp all with large V8's. Not only was the Z fast in a straight line but it was excellent at what it was really designed to do... take corners.

The design was way ahead of its time as well with a very sleek, aerodynamic shape that still make people who don't know the car think its something brand new. Nissan even had to find a special process of making the headlights and windshield because the angles were so steep. Lamborghini even used the Z's headlights in some of their cars because of it and Nissan used them in some of their own race cars too.

I've just always loved the styling of them and their performance, though I bought a base model with the intention of swapping the engine with a different one (oddly, I actually like their older 80's V6 more than the newer one they put in these).

I actually have a ton of other favorite cars as well but the Z is among my all time favorites. I actually got the Twin Turbo version for my wife and it is definitely a blast, very fast. ;D

Diane Amberg

Right now my favorite is anything made by Ford. They must be doing something right, no bailout, no BK, seem to be doing alright. What do they know that Chrysler and GM don't?

Teresa

ohh yeah... the Nissan 300ZX is sweeet sweeet sweeet!
The most fun car we ever had was the 240 Z Datsun...
That thing never had even a tick go wrong with it. I suppose we might still have it if it had of had more than 2 seats.. We had Danny then and it was a bit cramped..

So we sold it and I got my Celica... That car run like a well oiled top...

But my favorite of all was my Q45 Infinite...........you would roll the windows up and it would be like you were in a soundproof box.. The stereo was phenomenal.. and the ride was unlike anything I have ever ridden in..
You could get on the interstate.. look down and be going 100 mph and never even know it..

My stupid 3rd husband who I was married to for a total of 5 months had me sell it. It was a good thing for him.. He bought a new truck.. I got nothing........
But I got the divorce.. so I guess I won and got the best end of the deal after all.

Sorry.. I got  carried away on the hate path.. I apologize.. :-[
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

mtcookson

Ahhhh the Q45. I love those... I really really need to get mine running sometime... I kind of broke it lol

I also like the older Celica's, especially the first few generations that were rear wheel drive. Small, light weight, and fun. ;D

Teresa

You should ask your dad about the Mazda that a friend of his had in Emporia..
hahahahaha
but wait until Uncle Mark I are with him..
We ended up buying it.. ..
There is a pretty good story to it..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

mtcookson

You've got me interested now, I'll definitely have to ask about that. :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk