NBA

Started by W. Gray, May 11, 2009, 06:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

Ok, I'm confused.  ??? What's the connection? Mexico and the Lakers?  ???

Idiots are idiots everywhere, I guess.  ::)

larryJ

There is no connection, or nada, as it is pronounced in East LA.  Los Angeles has more than its share of Mexican people and they are proud of their heritage as we are of ours.  However, they came here for a better life in the UNITED STATES that has a flag with stars and stripes on it.  There is no room for a mexican flag anywhere except on a consulate building.  However I took it as a slap in the face for them to be waving it around in the streets of downtown and especially on FLAG DAY, AMERICAN FLAG DAY.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

W. Gray

Wilma, as to how baseball is doing:

The Rockies are currently the hottest team in the major leagues with eleven straight wins.

The Rockies also hold the top National League record in inter league play since that type of play began a few years ago. Go figure.

I think the Royals even have a three game winning streak.

The 1935 Chicago Cubs hold the longest win streak in baseball history at 21 games, unless one is willing to count the 1916 New York Giants. That team won 26 straight in 27 games. One of the games in between was a tie. That game may be the only tie in baseball that I have ever heard about.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

larryJ

Well, okay, that's it.  They had the parade and they had the ceremony in the Colliseum.  Now how long will the media stay on this hoping for some violence or something like that.  So far, the media have been careful about pointing out how great the fans are and one reporter was amazed at the absence of trash along Figueroa St.  For those who are not basketball fans, the reason you are not getting any service at your local store or mall, DUH!!  They are all downtown celebrating.  95,000 people inside the colliseum and probably twice that number on the streets.  It would be interesting to know how many called in sick.

Well the media is backing off so maybe LA looks a little better than the other night.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

W. Gray

Colorado Rockies:

June 20: Fifteen wins in sixteen games.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Wilma

They must have been playing Kansas City.

W. Gray

Those Royals are a far cry from when I used to drive down the street to see their games at what is now Kaufman Stadium.

The state of the art stadium that I attended when it opened is now a thirty-seven year old facility with a new face. I recall the most expensive seats, the Gold Seats, were a whopping $8.

Both Arrowhead and Kaufman were intended to be a covered stadium but at the phenomenal cost of $15 million the idea was discarded.

The recent renovations at Arrowhead and Kaufman stadiums reconsidered the cover option, but again the idea was discarded as too costly.

As an aside, the Dallas Cowboys will play this fall in a $1.3 billion covered stadium, which, in a non-football configuration, is supposed to be the largest seating capacity stadium in the U.S.

Wilma

The money could have been better spent for better basketball facilities.  And to beef up the Phoenix Suns.  They need some help.

W. Gray

My understanding is that Jerry Jones owns the stadium and is paying the lion's share. There is public money involved, though as a condition for the new stadium.

I think Dodger Stadium may be the only privately constructed stadium in the U.S.

As I mentioned once before, Connie Mack had it right when he managed the Athletics, owned the team, owned the stadium it played in, and rented his stadium out to the Phillies including the Phillies meager World Series play. Now those rentals, alone, would be payback.

Without a computer, his game scheduler might have been rather busy. The two teams, though,  never came close to playing each other in that stadium in the World Series.

W. Gray

Wilma,

Do you ever get a chance to see the Patriots or the Lions play?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk