Swiimmin' Pools and Movie Stars.

Started by dnalexander, May 09, 2009, 08:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatguns

Beautiful pictures.  Kansas is home and always has been for me, but I love to travel and see it all.  For those places I haven't been you people sure make me want to go and visit.

Wilma

Ditto, ditto, ditto, greatguns.  Never will be able to go, but lots of fun sitting here looking at pictures and reading stories.

Wilma

So, Diane, when can we expect you?

greatguns

Whoops! I messed up I thought that high income area was Piedmont, Kansas. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dnalexander

If you do come and visit let me know and I will give you my insider's guide to California;  beyond the stereotypes and tourist attractions. I used to have a picture up on here of my Brittany "Kansas Boy" out in a field that I swear could have been taken in Kansas except for the mountains in the background. I love Kansas too and tell everyone out here that I think all kids should grow up in Kansas\The Midwest. Between the Midwest and Alaska I have shoveled all the snow I want and that will be enough to keep me living here. We already have enough people here and I wouldn't stop anyone that wanted to leave.  ;D

David

dnalexander

A Virtual California Vacation

Wilma

Thanks for the trip.  It was delightful.  I don't think I would care for the backyard bathers and I certainly don't care for the wall to wall housing, but I love that streetcar and the switchback flower lined street.  The desert, the mountains.  Looks like California has it all.

larryJ

The switchback street with all the flowers is called Lombard Street and is the curviest street in the country maybe in the world.  On a visit to San Francisco many years ago, I was driving a pickup truck with a camper shell and went down that street.  I was holding my breath and my wife was trying to point out all the flowers to me.  By the way, and correct me if I am wrong, David, but I believe that street only goes one way.  You can only go down, not up.  And, yes, California does have it all.  Now if we could just keep it all in one place (shake, rattle, and roll). 

Many people dream of having a beach house such as the ones pictured and sunbathers are just a part of the landscape.  I always tell my wife that we should sell our house and move to the beach, but she says we have too much stuff and would be better off waiting for the house to burn down rather than moving. 

Very nice pictures David.  Thanks for reminding me of where I live and not always see.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

sixdogsmom

Thanks for sharing ! I enjoyed the trip, now I must unpack and catch up on the laundry!  :D
Edie

Wilma

Edie, maybe you pack too many clothes for these trips.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk