Swiimmin' Pools and Movie Stars.

Started by dnalexander, May 09, 2009, 08:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Larry, Malaysia?    How great is that.! What a wonderful experience.

dnalexander

I was filling in for the Night Manager of our 96,000 sg. ft. flagship Health Club, located in the heart of celebrity land in LA. It was just a few minutes before closing on a Friday night, which tended to be very busy with everyone getting gussied up to head out to all the hot spots. I was sitting in the Cafe getting ready to do my walk-around before locking up the Club and going home. I was summoned to the house phone. One of the locker room attends frantically explained to me that someone had fainted in the women's locker room. This was not the first time this person who liked to sit in the steam room to lose weight had done this. Most of the staff was already gone so that left one fitness trainer and me as the only first aid\cpr staff in the building. I told the attendant to have the woman lie down, elevate her legs, and cover her up with some towels. I yelled to the front desk to call 911 and have them meet me at the back corner of the building so I could let the paramedics directly into the locker room through a fire exit door. Then I sent another person to get the fitness staff. I ran out the front door and about a long block and a half to meet the paramedics. So I could unlock the door and let them in. The paramedics arrived and I grabbed the front of the gurney to lead them through the sunbathing patio and into the locker room. As I rushed through the door I came face to face, sort of, with Elle MacPherson topless in only a skirt and high heels. I am only 5'8'' tall and she had to be at least 6'3'' in heels. I stopped dead in my tracks. The firemen kept pushing the gurney and I found myself  embracing a tall half-naked  Sports Illustrated model. My face turned deep red. As I apologized profusely and looked away all I saw were women in all various states of undress. My embarrassment tripled. We quickly went on to help the woman that had fainted. She turned out to be fine, just another one of her episodes caused by not eating and sitting in the steam room. I headed back upstairs to hide and write my incident report.

David :-[

Diane Amberg

Great story David!    I've been on the end of the stretcher in the boys' football locker room. Lots of hot, steamy "nekked" young males. The coach had fainted. I'm sure the ladies weren't terribly upset, you were doing your job. 

dnalexander

Diane no they didn't care. I was the only one that was flustered. The fireman were used to it since they worked in the area all the time and probably have even better stories to tell.  My home club was located in Torrance in the suburbs and had a whole different vibe. I didn't even mention the girl standing totally drippin' wet nekid giving her phone number to one of the fireman after all was said and done. I was very happy on Monday morning to be back at my home in the burbs. Yes Wilma I should have said the fitness instructor and I were the only ones with first aid\cpr training.

David

Wilma

I hadn't even noticed, I was so interested.

dnalexander

Larry just in case you weren't sure. I really am not working hard to become the lead singer of The Doors. I don't even think they are on tour. Plus the amount of tight leather it would take to clothe me would be very expensive. Just a dream, just a dream.

David

Catwoman

Well, come on, guys...Let's hear some more Tales from La-La Land!  ;D  This is great! ;D ;D ;)

dnalexander

I have more, but some of my favorites I have to figure out how to explain in mixed company. Others have not run the statute of limitations, since my mom always said the statute of limitations never run out in the court of mom. Maybe I will tell one that we use in our marketing brochures.

David ???

larryJ

I was pretty sure you weren't serious although I woulld like it if the Doors came back.  

You had mentioned something about those people who were seemingly nice and turned out to be a terror.  Over time I had experiences with "wannabe" stars who would get angry with me if I refused to accept their credit card (it was expired or the credit card company wouldn't accept it) or wouldn't special order an album for them (because it was out of print)".  One of my favorite times was when that person would get indignant and say, "Do you know who I am?".  At first, I used to say yeah I saw you in the movie or on TV.  After a while, my stock answer was, "No, who are you?" or "yeah, your name is right here on the card".

Then there were the good ones.  One night I was working the turnstile entrance to the listening booths as mentioned earlier and an African American guy with a huge afro stopped in front of me.  He had two beautiful blonde anglo girls with him, one on each side.  He asked a question about a record and I answered it and he walked away.  The employee who was coming back from his break was staring and asked me if I knew who that was.  I shook my head no and found out I had just an encounter with Jimi Hendrix.  Two months later he OD'ed.  

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

larryJ

Diane, my son, 30 something CPA, and his wife, who held a high position with Oakley, you know, the sunglass company, decided last year after much research that they wanted to see the world.  He was self employed and gave up a few clients and the rest could be handled on-line.  She just quit her job.  They left on April 13, first stop Australia and New Zealand.  They left there on the May 9 and went to Malaysia for just two days and then on to Thailand for two weeks.  They won't return home until the end of the year.  They plan to visit Nepal and India, back to Maui for a friends wedding.  Then off to Hong Kong where she was born and still has relatives.  On to Eastern Europe, Russia if they can get a visa and on to England and Ireland.  My wife will try to join them in Ireland.  I miss them a lot after only four weeks.  But they have set up a place where we can view their pictures and videos.  And, as I mentioned the computer program that allows us to talk like on the phone for free. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk