Wishes That Will Never Come True

Started by Wilma, May 09, 2009, 09:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Billy, you are hereby invited to come by and look at said vehicles.  Make an offer to the sheriff if you think any of them are worth pulling out of the yard.

Varmit

actually, I have seen them and there are 1 or two that I wouldn't mind having. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

So, make an offer. The worst they can do is say no.

Varmit

The way it was explained to me, not from the sheriff, they are supposed to be auctioned off.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

So maybe someone should push to get it done.  Some of those have been there since I moved here.

Varmit

I agree, when I asked when the auction was supposed to take place, no one knew.  Also, who would be the right person to contact about it?

Diane Amberg

The Sheriff's office? Or they would probably know who to talk to....Somebody at City Hall?

Wilma

The sheriff, but I will check with Janet when I see her.  She will know.

Wilma

Somewhere I posted what Janet told me but I don't find it here.  First the sheriff has to determine who owns the vehicle, then contact the owner about taking care of it.  After a time, if the owner has done nothing, the sheriff can place it for auction after he has placed a legal notice 3 times in the county paper about what he is going to do, listing each vehicle.  Doesn't look like an auction anytime soon.

Wilma

I am going to make a suggestion.  Now this is just a suggestion, not a demand.  In the county road yard across the street, there are two old orange dump trucks.  I am pretty sure that I have seen them being used at one time or another.  I think it would be neat if the best one of the two were set up like an exhibit in my corner of the yard for all to see.  These trucks are a part of the Elk County Road Department history.  It is surprising that they are still around and in not too bad of shape.  I wonder what make and year they are.  My uneducated eye can't tell.  I will bet that they are almost as old as I am.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk