Dedicated to Teresa and all the othjer Ex-Hippies.

Started by dnalexander, May 08, 2009, 08:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

When I first started reading your post and then the part about going to PM because nobody would be interested, I thought that maybe they were, they just wanted to read about it. 

Anyway, See you in the Misc.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

dnalexander

Actually some people were. I was suprised. I thought we were getting iinto a side topic about LA and my guitar that no one was interested in.

David

sixdogsmom

David & Larry, this and the other thread are a nice change from (you know what).  :-X :-X Thank you both!  :-*
Edie

Teresa

OK...I have a picture of The Deadbeats..and I can't find it right now. But I will and I'll scan it.. You will see that that "bass player" that old tar---errrr jar head was talking about was our own Sarge........My little girlfriends and I thought cousin Jim was sooo handsome..so we had them pegged as kinda like Movie Stars... and he used the cologne "Jade East"..( :D  anyone remember that one?) and we thought he smelled like a movie star too..  ... so we were certainly "star struck".. LOL

They were a good band...and the go go dancer was our other cousin Joyce McDonald (Nash).. the very same Joyce that  has the flower shop...  :D

~~~Later found out that when he bribed me to wash his feet in return for a favor... ::)  he didn't smell like a movie star then.. hahahahahahaaa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Jade East, now that sent me back. How about English Saddle too? I liked that one.

patyrn

I think you mean "English Leather", don't you, Diane?  That was a popular one in Howard.

Jo McDonald

Fred and I were in charge of hiring bands for dances at the Fair Building to make some money for the fair association.
       So our first band was the Deadbeats  from Grove, Oklahoma.

When Jim aka Sarge and his friends had their band, we hired them to come to Howard a few times.  They had a great little dance band, and all the boys were movie star material.  In a former post by Sarge that gave the name and fame of Tim DuBois..he too was a member of that band.  We really need for Jim to post an update on all  of those "movie stars".

We are and have always been very proud of "Our Jim - Sarge".
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Teresa

Quote from: Jo McDonald on May 11, 2009, 11:15:32 AM
  We are and have always been very proud of "Our Jim - Sarge".

Even when he took me snipe hunting and left me out there by the skinnin' barn. ?? :'(
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Patryn,Yes of course it was English Leather...There was an inside joke around here about it having to do with "mares sweat." Remember where that came from?

Roma Jean Turner

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk