Hawaii passes “Islam Day” law

Started by Teresa, May 07, 2009, 10:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalexander

Christmas is a single religions belief that of Christians. Good try but, your logic is flawed. That ends my rule of one. Anymore and I am bickering.

David

Varmit

You misunderstood my post.  Yes, Christians celebrate Christmas and Easter to honor the birth and resurrection of Christ.  They don't do it because of the many contributions made to society by Christians.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

dnalexander

Billy I like to argue and debate as much as you do. I'd even have a full on no rules knock down drag out fight with you as long as we got a big percentage of the pay per view revenue. I will re-read your post. I will have no comment. Not today , not on this post\topic. Let's save it for an important topic.

David

Wilma

Billy, Hawaii is not asking Kansas to acknowledge this special day, but if they do, I might have something more to say about it.

Varmit

Wilma, fair enough, I guess.  I just think that it is setting a dangerous course.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

darkangel

With Hawaii passing an "Islam Day" doesn't it stand to reason that this is a test in a way to see how American people take to this idea?  How do you think the people who lost loved ones in 9-11 from New York feel about this.  Hawaii isn't thier state however, I would think that it would be upsetting.  Worst yet you would think that Hawaii would be more understanding, after all I haven't seen any state wanting to pass a "Shinto Day" for the official religion of Japan.

Wilma

It was not Islam that attacked on 9/11.  It was terrorists.  We are not at war with Islam.  We are at war with terrorists no matter what their personal religion is.  I think you will find some terrorists are so-called Christians.  Maybe there should just be more understanding of other religions.  Isn't that part of our Constitution?

Diane Amberg

Maybe we could have a "religions of the world" day and include Shinto, Tao, Hindu and the other old great religions. No? Frankly what Hawaii does is their business, in my humble opinion. If the media didn't have 24 hours a day to fill we wouldn't hear about that. It's hardly main stream news.

redcliffsw

"other old great religions"

They all can't be right so what makes any of 'em so great?

Diane Amberg

To a very large number of people in the world they were and are traditional ways to worship. We were very small potatoes in the world picture of long ago. Christianity as we know it now is relatively young in all it's many forms. It's surprising how many have common threads that go 'way back. Why does it have to be all right or all wrong?  God has many names. How is that wrong?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk