Obama charged with treason

Started by Teresa, May 04, 2009, 05:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Unfortunately the Dixie flag also reminds some people of the bitterness of slavery.

kshillbillys

Ok, Billy, We could just keep the flag we have now, get rid of the stars and insert the rebel flag in the stars' place. It would still be one heckuva sweet lookin flag!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

redcliffsw

Diane-

Forget the slavery thing, the Confederate and Southern blacks were fighting
for a greater freedom by standing for the Constituion.

But, the schools have not taught our history correctly and so
people ought to seek the truths of their ancestors on their own.

Diane Amberg

"Forget the slavery thing"? My Great Grandparents met working the underground railroad helping slaves across the Mo. River. And yes they were Kansas people. I'm not likely to forget "the slavery thing!"

redcliffsw

Diane-
You mean the under-ground railroad which did not occur
as much as the so-called historians would like us to believe.

Sounds like your people were some of the first Republicans.
Right?

larryJ

Redcliffsw, I have mentioned a few times on the forum about learning something new everyday.  Anyway, I googled underground railroad and came up a bunch of different thoughts on the subject.  I was going to copy and paste some websites here to be looked at, but there is a lot of controversary about it.  One site says that over 70,000 slaves were transported before the civil war and another (Wikipedia) says 30,000 and in the same article on Wikipedia, it says that the U.S. census indicates only 6,000.  My question is:  How would anybody know how many slaves used the underground railroad?  I mean, the idea was for it to be secretive.  Did it exist?  I am sure it did. And I am sure Diane's family history would back that up.  Interesting subject.  I want to read more about it.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

redcliffsw

After the war, the north needed to justify its attack on the South, the CSA.
The north has controlled the written history of that era and so you'lll have to learn for yourself.

Diane Amberg

Red, my Great Grandparents were Repub. as the party was then. Great Grandma, according to Mom, was a very forward thinking modern lady for her day. She believed in kindness for all mankind. So you don't think the underground railroad existed at all or was just smaller? Some of the old buildings around here, north and around Phil. have hidey holes that were found. Some even contained slave tags. Even today, on our downstate farms, once in a great while a slave tag is still found.

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 09, 2009, 08:31:05 PM
Unfortunately the Dixie flag also reminds some people of the bitterness of slavery.

So I have been told many times.  What I find interesting about that is that those folks rail about the Dixie flag while waving an african symbol.  It is interesting because more often than not it was africans selling other africans to spanish slave traders.  Talk about treason. 
Yes, the underground railroad did exist.  How many slaves were freed by it, who knows. 

To say that the North was fighting for freedom is to ignore the fact that they wanted the South under their control.  Isn't that salvery?  Funny when you think about it.  The Confedrated states whose symbol is the Dixie flag, a so-called "racist" symbol< were actually freedom fighters.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

redcliffsw

Diane-

The underground railroad was smaller.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk