Something of historic proportions is happening.

Started by frawin, May 04, 2009, 05:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

What we paid into social security was used for those who were retired at the time.  We done it and didn't complain.  Now that someone is paying in so that we can retire is what I call "turn about is fair play" and I still don't feel like I'm "living off some government program".  SSI is for those recieving a very small amount of social security and cannot survive on it.  I suppose you could call it welfare, but those who draw it are not "sittin' on their behinds waiting for a handout".  They are sitting on their behinds because they are either too old or too sick to work and I don't begrudge them anything they can get, as long as they get it legal.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

redcliffsw

"turn about is fair play"

I do not recall "turn about is fair play" as being a law or in the Bible.

That phrase does not even count for anything in Ponzi schemes.

kshillbillys

Wilma,
     Complain to the County Commissioners about those old tires. Get a hold of Liz and she'll get those county boys to clean them up right away....
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Wilma

She did get the weeds and Johnson grass cut after I complained about those last year.

Varmit

"turn about is fair play"..and older folks complain about my generation.  Whatever happened to a strong work ethic, and thou shall not steal???  At least most younger folks will tell you that they want more money for the jobs they do.  You older folks will draw on Social Security which is nothing more than a gov't run ponzi scheme and then call the AIG exe.'s and their ilk unethical?  Talk about a double standard.

reworded in order to clarify.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Why would I draw SSI? Billy do you understand what SSI is?

redcliffsw

I'm not in favor of SSI. 

SSI is another Federal program that should never have been.

flo

Quote from: redcliffsw on May 06, 2009, 08:03:50 PM

"turn about is fair play"

I do not recall "turn about is fair play" as being a law or in the Bible.

That phrase does not even count for anything in Ponzi schemes.

well, EXCUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME.  I was not aware that everything posted here had to be a "law" or "in the Bible".  If you will read what I posted, it says "I say", not "the law says", or, "The Bible Says". 
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

Have you tried to live on less than $500.00 a month?  SSI was a blessing for my mother-in-law even though it didn't amount to much then.  I think it was only $25.00 when it started.  I still can't understand how my mother and my mother-in-law lived on what they did and had some left over.

Jo McDonald

Wilma, you might want to go in and correct your post --- What or who, is a Mother-in-lived?
I guess this adds me to the "nit-picking group" doesn't it?  Sorry about that.  I didn't want to join. :-[
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk