Dangerous demographics.

Started by Catwoman, May 02, 2009, 09:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catwoman

Uh-oh...I can't believe I'm saying this...But I agree with Billy...Our culture is one where freedom is openly exercised...Our culture is one where women don't have to walk two paces behind men, avert their eyes or otherwise be subject to religious police who claim that the women are trying to tempt the men in question,  be restricted from traveling outside the house unless accompanied by a male in the family (a brother, uncle, father, or husband), and are subject to having their children (and themselves) be the property of their husbands and therefore at the disposal of the said man.  We, in our culture, are free to go to any church we wish, without fear that we are going to be pursecuted by those who are in the majority.  Our culture is one that is going to slip away from us if we are too complacent about it's practice.  I think we need to halt immigration until our economy has rebounded to the point to where we are able to continue to support, with our cumulative tax base, this influx of people seeking to share in our collective American dream.  I, too, am glad that my forefathers were able to come over here previous to this period of time...I'm also glad that my ancestors loved this country so much that they forsake the language of their former countries, adopted English as the only language that their children would be allowed to speak and that they worked to make this country one of the greatest on earth.  They didn't look for any handouts...My ancestors went bankrupt more than once...But rebounded through sheer force of will.  I'm all for protecting our way of life before it becomes a thing of the past, due to our taking it completely for granted.

Teresa

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 03, 2009, 02:27:11 PM
just thinking out loud. What is "our culture", by the way?

THAT statement  right there... is scary.
Has "our culture" already been squashed so severely that we as American citizens losing sight of it?
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

I didn't mean I didn't have my opinion, I just wanted to someone else's opinion. Cat has it nicely said. By the way, the Muslims around here are mostly US citizens and speak perfect English. As far as immigration, maybe some of you don't know this, but some of the immigrants here were recruited by businesses for their specific skills...and they work cheaper. I mean college educated people, not farm laborers. Capitalism VS the American culture? Who is going to stop it? The jobs that went to other countries? That was big business too. Is that alright or not? Yes, I agree that English should be our language, but I'd like to cut the old folks a break. I'd hate to go to France and HAVE to learn to speak French now.

Varmit

Diane, Yes we have brought some people in, sent jobs out, and while I don't agree with it, thats business.  I agree that English should be our offical language.  However, I don't care how old a person is, they should learn how to speak it.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

Spoken like a young person whose learning ability is still viable.  I can tell you that the older you get, the harder it is to remember for some people.  Then there was the 90 some year old woman in Severy that could remember who owned what piece of land, when they bought it, what they paid for it and who they bought it from.  She was even planning to plant some fruit trees in her back yard.  She never quit.

Varmit

Sorry wilma, but I do not believe in the saying "you can't teach an old dog new tricks".  Thats age discrimination and it is complete and total BS.  Why should americans have to accept anyone that is not willing to conform to our culture?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Because we can be nice people?

redcliffsw

Sociialism is a European culture.  

Yet, why do so many promote it in our country?
If they do not like this country, then...............

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 03, 2009, 08:25:29 PM
Because we can be nice people?

Are you serious???  We are not being nice if we want them to speak our language? 

kshillbillys

And besides if I remember from another thread going, Americans are NOT NICE...we are ALL arrogant and BAD!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk