The real facts.

Started by dnalexander, May 01, 2009, 03:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Hey, don't forget me, boys.  I have learned more since Obama became president than I ever learned in school.  Maybe more than I need to.  But I do kind of miss the chatty way things used to be.  And I try not to say things on here that I don't want to have come back and bite me.

Warph

Quote from: dnalexander on May 01, 2009, 03:54:12 PM
Ok, no need to respond just consider what I am saying. It seems to me that the political section has deteriorated to  just plain bickering and one line statements of facts. I know we can have better discussions. In the future if I participate in this, as I have done in the past, I hope someone brings it to my attention.  A few rounds are ok and normal ,but we seem to be in a vortex. Time to take a break for me. Carry on, not that you need my permission. See some of you in the Poetry section and the Coffee shop. >:( :(

David

Daily Planet Memo:

SuperWarph, Jimmy Olson feels you need to lengthen your comments more than what you have been doing in the politics' section.  Try to add seven or more paragraphs to each comment.  Jimmy's a good kid so lets give him what he wants.  You know how bad the coffee is in the break room.... hate to see the kid come down with a horrorible case of coffeeitus... then we would have to call in Diane and "The Catwoman" to straighten him out.  BTW, what's going on between you and Lois  ??? ??? ???

---Perry White  ;D
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

Varmit

Facts..okay heres some facts.

1) there is no such thing as equality.  the only time people are equal is at birth and death, everything in between is left up to the individual.  The Left would have that disspelled.  They think that those that "have" should give to those that don't.

2)  This country was founded on Christian ideals, and notions.  It is because of those ideals that we allow other faiths as well. Yet, Christians are mocked when they stand up for their ideals while other faiths are just excrising their freedom of speech.

3) Guns don't kill people anymore than cars force people to drive drunk; spoons, knives, and forks are to blame for people being fat; and evil white men with money are to blame for this countrys problems.

If you feel that the politics section has become nothing more than pithy one liners than feel free to leave or counter those "one line statements of facts" with better thought out or researched information.  Either way, enjoy your coffee!
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Already? I did just finish my coffee.... Those founding fathers were products of their time, just as we are now. They thought slavery was OK for those who had slaves. Women had no vote and for representation, blacks were counted as 3/5 of a man. I'm not sure if the Native American population was counted at all, but I'm not sure.  Were those Christian Ideals?  The constitution wasn't  written perfectly or there would have been no room for interpretation and no need for amendments or their interpretation. We've come along way since then. They did a wonderful job starting the engine, but the amendments will fine tune us as a nation for years to come. Have a nice Saturday.

Varmit

If we are going to admend the consitiution to fit our lifestyle then what is the point of having it? No, the Founders were not perfect, they knew that, that is why the Constitution is written the way that it is.  However, the first 10 admendments are fairly cut and dried.  Should we "fine tune" those as well?  Say, with the Fairness Doctrine or Hate Speech laws?

The point that I was getting at Diane is that David stated the debate had eroded to one liners backed up with very little fact.  I disagree to a point.  Facts had been presented.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

sixdogsmom

Billy, the constitution has already been ammended many times!  :angel:
Edie

redcliffsw

Diane, slavery was legal then and it was left over from the colonies.
Now, I wouldn't want to be a slave anymore than anyone else but
that's the way it was.

Varmit

I didn't want to get into this on this thread, but okay.

You're right catwoman, it has been admendend many times.  Some I agree with, some I don't.  But the beauty of the thing is that it allows and protects dissenting opinion.  And bear in mind that it was written to restrict the powers of the gov't, not the people.  The gov't fails to realize this.

Sarge

Quote from: BillyakaVarmit on May 02, 2009, 09:21:16 AM
  However, the first 10 admendments are fairly cut and dried. 

Cut and dried because they are inalienable rights. Given to all men by God and not subject to the manipulation of man.
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk