Arrogant Americans, Mr. President?

Started by kshillbillys, April 26, 2009, 04:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

In still think the Repubs. are "Obama Bashing" more than the Demos. did to Pres. Bush. The Conservative radio stations, of which there are many, lauded nearly every move Pres. Bush made. I don't remember ugly nicknames being used, even in criticism.  If it's that important that you be right on this, I withdraw my comment. I just don't think it's that important in the big scheme of things.

Varmit

I can recall conservative radio speaking out aginst illegal wiretapping, the patriot act, and such.  Yes they applauded him for keeping the U.S. safe by going after terrorists. 

As for obama, what else would you call a liar,...how about a truth flipper,...or truth bender...a dishonest honest person?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

The current acceptable word is "misspeak" or "misspoke" and they ALL do it...it's in the political hand book!  :laugh:

Wilma

It's what you have to do to be a politician and to be elected to a public office.  All we older people know that.  It's time you youngun's learn it.

Varmit

Maybe its time we "younguns" did away with a system that was put into place by you older folks.  Whats wrong with holding accountable those who give their word and then break it? 

Sorry, Diane, but I am NOT politically correct...if someone lies, I'm gonna call them a liar.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Teresa

Quote from: BillyakaVarmit on May 03, 2009, 02:16:10 PM
Maybe its time we "younguns" did away with a system that was put into place by you older folks.  Whats wrong with holding accountable those who give their word and then break it? 

Sorry, Diane, but I am NOT politically correct...if someone lies, I'm gonna call them a liar.

Ohhh I could just grab you up and hug you till your eyeballs popped out!
You are dead on 100+1,000%...  :-*
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Then unfortunately George Bush was a liar too. There were no WMD in Iraq...I'm tell'n ya they all do it! That, for some reason seems to be a part of politics and goes back long before I was born.

Varmit

I was wondering when someone was going to bring bush into this. 

Diane, if they all lie then why should we trust them to know what they are doing?  If they are proven liars they do not deserve our trust, or respect.

kshillbillys

Quote from: Wilma on May 03, 2009, 01:50:30 PM
It's what you have to do to be a politician and to be elected to a public office.  All we older people know that.  It's time you youngun's learn it.

Are you saying that a county sheriff has to "LIE" to get voted into office too? ALL PEOPLE to be elected to a public office....HMMM?

I didn't lie and therefore didn't get elected to City Council so I guess this tells me what I need to do in a couple of years...NOT...I'm not lying just to get elected...
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Diane Amberg

Personally, I never considered Sheriff to be a political position, even though they are sometimes elected. It see it much more as law enforcement myself. They don't have constituents like Mayors and Governors do, but I guess a bad one could take advantage if they wanted. I'm glad that you wouldn't have.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk