First 100 days, just wait it gets better

Started by Varmit, April 25, 2009, 08:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

It has been suggested that the "right" is being overly critical of President nobama.  his supporters say that more time is needed to determine if his programs are going to work.  They say, "give him time its only been a few months".  When it is pointed out that he has blatantly lied about certain issues and topics, they say "well other presidents lied to" or "he didn't actually say..." this or that, even though anyone with at least 3 brain cells could garner what he was saying.  His supporters, as well as obama himself, are quite fond of saying that he is trying to fix the problems that Bush started and that he had no involvement in these "problems" to begin with even though members of his administration were fully aware of what Bush was doing.  Most notably is the involvement of princess Pelosi and others with the "torture" escapade.  They knew full well what methods were being used at gitmo, and signed off on them.  Now they want to prosecute those involved saying that they never knew what was going on, even though they received DAILY briefing on the subject at the time.  Just more lies.  obama supporters say that he is just trying to get this country back on its feet, yet ignore how he has bad-mouthed America on his recent trip to Europe.  obama continually spouts that it is time to "remake" America, not rebuild, get it going again, not strengthen,...Rebuild.  And his "vision" for the outcome is not a pretty one...nationalized banks, national healthcare, gov't owned manufacturing, gov't takeover of private businesses, a disarmed citizenry, amnesty of illegals, and the disslovement of our borders. 

What will it take for the American people to wake up to the fact that they are losing their country, their constitution, and their freedom?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

Are you suggesting overthrow of the government?  After all, these people that are running the government were put there by the majority of the voters.  I didn't vote for any of them, but they are there anyway, and out of loyalty to my country, I will stand by it until the next election.  Hopefully the majority of the voters will see it differently by then.  Meanwhile, I am not going to pull it down in the eyes of other countries by continually bitching about what they are trying to do.

It isn't my fingers, it is my keyboard.  No way would my fingers make so many mistakes that have to be corrected.

Varmit

Wilma, with all due respect, country and government are two totally different things.  Thats why we have a Constitution, to limit the power of the government.  Yes, a majoirty of the people did vote for them.  They bought into the idea of hope and change without really looking past the propaganda, or skin tone.  and a vast number of these voters had never voted before and probaly never will again. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Varmit

Wilma, I reread your post and the line that keeps jumping out at me,

Quote from: Wilma on April 25, 2009, 09:01:00 AM
Meanwhile, I am not going to pull it down in the eyes of other countries by continually bitching about what they are trying to do.

So are you suggesting that we just let them do whatever they want?  That we should just follow blindly and accept the dissolvement of the constitution?  That we shouldn't speak out against it? That our only means of action is voting and hopefully we'll get a different result in 4 years? 

darkangel

I don't think that he is advocating overthrowing the government.  I find it very interesting that when someone seems to want to say anything that may be viewed as negative towards Obama that person is not being fair to him.  At what point will we (the people of this nation) stop saying that he needs more time and start worrying about what is going on?  If no one talks about what is going, or pays attention to it, then how are we to know how to vote in the next election.  Closing ours eyes to it won't work.

When you see a rattlesnake poised to strike, you do not wait until he has struck before you crush him. --Franklin D. Roosevelt

Wilma

So how do you propose change?  And I repeat, I am not going to denigrate my country or government in the eyes of our enemies.

Varmit

Okay, so what do we do when the head of our gov't "deigrate" our country in the eyes of our enemies?  Just trust they know what they are doing?  Why is it okay for them to do it and not have to answer to anyone, while we have to just stand in line like good little sheep?

Diane Amberg

Just out of curiosity. I went back and looked up some reviews of Pres. Bush's first 100 days. Very interesting reading. Billy, were you old enough to vote for him then? Was that your first election? Go back and look at things that were happening then.  9-11 hadn't happened yet. He had chances to make mistakes just as any new president does. Several articles were written April 27,2001.

darkangel

Unfortunately change does not come easy or on its own.  I love my country and feel that it is worth watching over and wanting the best for.  My government is another matter all together.  Yes we did vote on our government, yes we vote for a president every four years, and yes the person in that perticular position should be given the chance to win over the people who didn't vote for him.  The question becomes how much time is enough time?  One may decide that 100 days is enough while another beleives that change will not come in four years so they vote for him again.  The great thing about our diplomatic process is that it was created with the knowledge that it wasn't perfect. 
We sit and listen to what the canidates have to tell us with the hope that they are telling the truth or at least not lying as much as the other guy.  If, however we realize that we have made a mistake there are steps we can take to correct it.  Being willing to just deal with it for four years is not the answer for fear of the amount of damage that can be done in that time.

Wilma

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk