Just another example...

Started by Varmit, April 21, 2009, 09:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

"The central holding of Roe v. Wade was that abortions are permissible for any reason a woman chooses, up until the "point at which the fetus becomes 'viable,' that is, potentially able to live outside the mother's womb, albeit with artificial aid. Viability is usually placed at about seven months (28 weeks) but may occur earlier, even at 24 weeks."[1]"

This is from Wikipedia and is from the summary of the case of Roe v. Wade and the Supreme Courts' decision. Notice that abortions are PERMISSABLE FOR ANY REASON A WOMAN CHOOSES....therefore It sounds to me that if she didn't WANT the kid she could kill it! No medical reason necessary. So Billy you are RIGHT when you say that not all of those 1.37 million MURDERS were for medical reasons...It's just because some women can't keep their legs together!

Just for the record, I am totally against Abortion. It is MURDER. People in this country stick up more for Death Row inmates trying to keep them from being executed for CRIMES than they do for innocent babies that DID NOT ASK TO BE BORN!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Wilma

Women don't get pregnant without help.

kshillbillys

No they don't get pregnant without help, but the FATHER doesn't have any say in keeping and raising a baby. If she wants to KILL the BABY she can...He has NO SAY! I have 2 children of my own and the same man HELPED me both times and is still HELPING me every night. I enjoy my girls and can't imagine life without them!

Wilma

Do you know anyone that had an abortion simply because she didn't want to have the kid?

kshillbillys

I sure do. Was raised with her. We used to get along but not anymore. She PRETENDS to be a Christian too

kshillbillys

AND she wasn't raped, or in any danger or the baby in any danger. She got pregnant by a person my parents didn't want her around and KILLED the baby because she was IRRESPONSIBLE!

kshillbillys

And now since I'm the only one arguing about this....here's some information on Late Term Abortions. Remember Roe v. Wade was "only abortions for ANY REASON before the baby was VIABLE"...Late Term Abortions should NOT be legal. From Wikipedia, because I like to make well informed and educated posts AFTER I research something so I know that I'm speaking truth.....

A late-term abortion often refers to an induced abortion procedure that occurs after the 20th week of gestation. However, the exact point when a pregnancy becomes late-term is not clearly defined. Some sources define an abortion after 12 completed weeks' gestation as "late".[1][2] Some sources define an abortion after 16 weeks as "late".[3][4] Three articles published in 1998 in the same issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association could not agree on the definition. Two of the JAMA articles chose the 20th week of gestation to be the point where an abortion procedure would be considered late-term.[5] The third JAMA article chose the third trimester, or 27th week of gestation.[6]

The point at which an abortion becomes late-term is often related to the "viability" (ability to survive outside the uterus) of the fetus. Sometimes late-term abortions are referred to as post-viability abortions. However, viability varies greatly between pregnancies. Nearly all pregnancies are viable after the 27th week, and no pregnancies are viable before the 21st week. Everything in between is a "grey area".[6]

And here's some REASONS why women have late term abortions. Pretty lame reasons if you ask me, which of course no one did. Be sure to note that Fetal Problem diagnosed late in pregnancy is only 2% of the reasons they are performed....

71% Woman didn't recognize she was pregnant or misjudged gestation
48% Woman found it hard to make arrangements for abortion
33% Woman was afraid to tell her partner or parents
24% Woman took time to decide to have an abortion
8% Woman waited for her relationship to change
8% Someone pressured woman not to have abortion
6% Something changed after woman became pregnant
6% Woman didn't know timing is important
5% Woman didn't know she could get an abortion
2% A fetal problem was diagnosed late in pregnancy
11% Other

sixdogsmom

Edie

dnalexander

Quote from: kshillbillys on April 26, 2009, 06:37:48 PM
And now since I'm the only one arguing about this....here's some information on Late Term Abortions. Remember Roe v. Wade was "only abortions for ANY REASON before the baby was VIABLE"...Late Term Abortions should NOT be legal. From Wikipedia, because I like to make well informed and educated posts AFTER I research something so I know that I'm speaking truth.....

A late-term abortion often refers to an induced abortion procedure that occurs after the 20th week of gestation. However, the exact point when a pregnancy becomes late-term is not clearly defined. Some sources define an abortion after 12 completed weeks' gestation as "late".[1][2] Some sources define an abortion after 16 weeks as "late".[3][4] Three articles published in 1998 in the same issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association could not agree on the definition. Two of the JAMA articles chose the 20th week of gestation to be the point where an abortion procedure would be considered late-term.[5] The third JAMA article chose the third trimester, or 27th week of gestation.[6]

The point at which an abortion becomes late-term is often related to the "viability" (ability to survive outside the uterus) of the fetus. Sometimes late-term abortions are referred to as post-viability abortions. However, viability varies greatly between pregnancies. Nearly all pregnancies are viable after the 27th week, and no pregnancies are viable before the 21st week. Everything in between is a "grey area".[6]

And here's some REASONS why women have late term abortions. Pretty lame reasons if you ask me, which of course no one did. Be sure to note that Fetal Problem diagnosed late in pregnancy is only 2% of the reasons they are performed....

71% Woman didn't recognize she was pregnant or misjudged gestation
48% Woman found it hard to make arrangements for abortion
33% Woman was afraid to tell her partner or parents
24% Woman took time to decide to have an abortion
8% Woman waited for her relationship to change
8% Someone pressured woman not to have abortion
6% Something changed after woman became pregnant
6% Woman didn't know timing is important
5% Woman didn't know she could get an abortion
2% A fetal problem was diagnosed late in pregnancy
11% Other

In 1987, the Alan Guttmacher Institute polled 1900 women and got the info you posted above. That information is over 22 years old. Wikipedia is seldom a good place to support an issue as controversial as this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late-term_abortion

David

Varmit

Do you know anyone that had an abortion simply because she didn't want to have the kid?-wilma

I have never met anyone that has actually been to space either, so I guess by your logic no one ever has.  I have never met anyone who died in a car crash, so I guess that doesn't happen either. 

David you bring up a good point.  With those numbers being 22 years old they don't take into account the murders conducted under the heading of "Partial Birth".
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk