Just another example...

Started by Varmit, April 21, 2009, 09:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

The AIG people didn't break the law?  Weren't they one of the troubled institutions that had to have help?

Varmit

Yes, they were. I was refering to the bonus thing.  the gov't knew about the bonuses before they gave AIG the bailout money, then when AIG executives were paid their bonuses the gov't was "outraged" that taxpayer dollars were spent that way.  Shortly after that gov't passed legislation to recoup the bonuses in the form of taxes aimed at only 70 people.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

Let's see now, who was it that handed out the first stimulus package?  Back in late 2008?

Warph

Quote from: Wilma on April 22, 2009, 07:16:16 AM
And once again you are criticizing Obama for examining the circumstances and making a decision on what he has learned or is about to learn.  He did not say that anyone would be punished or not punished.  I wish my memory was as good as yours as to the exact words I hear.  The gist of what I heard was that maybe we should take another look at it?  Is that about right?  Isn't it odd that we can hear the same thing and interpret it so differently?  Comes with age, I guess.  This thing of not jumping to conclusions.

This is the "dance and stutter step" that obama is famous for, Wilma...... he can't make up his mind.  He has to see which way the "political" wind is blowing before he does.  So far, he's usually too late, like in the case of the captain and the 3 dead pirates.  He let that situation go far too long before making up his mind to snuff them.  It made us look WEAK to the rest of the world.

Yes, Bush screwed up with the first stimulus package through faulty info, some of it coming from Barney Franks and Chris Dodd and numerous other democratic "know-it-alls" who wanted to get their two-cents worth in.  Bottom line?  It probably shouldn't have happen. 

And on the bonus situation.  Large bonuses are NOT the problem.  The bonuses to AIG, or any corporation, were contractual obligations before AIG's seizure.  But the government forced themselves into things.  Obama jumped the gun giving billions to AGI before setting rules about the bonuses.  If AIG had gone into bankruptcy, then the standard proceedings would have decided whether to thin out these bonuses.  The two biggest Congressional recipients of bonuses from the A.I.G. are, believe it or not, Senator Chris Dodd and Barack Obama.

But lets face it.... Obama seems to want to blame the existing economic woes on the prior Bush Administration.  Half of Americans actually believe him.  Many forget the Constitution dictates that the president will provide for the common defense.

Let's back up little.  The current economic morass was started by the Clinton administration in the 90's.  The Bush Administration and Senator McCain warned 11 times about Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac.  This became the 2008 financial crisis starting in 2002.  Democrats, like Barney Frank, extended loans to people who couldn't afford them.  Back then, Frank actually said the federal government wouldn't bailout anyone.  Starting in 2001, Bush raised several "red flags" about FME and FMA, and that this economic crisis was coming.  Alan Greenspan (past Chairman/Federal Reserve) repeated that in 2005. 

In 2006, McCain even warned of an impending depression.  But nothing could be done because Democrats had control of the Congress, and Frank was the Chairman of the Financial Services Committee.   You see where that led us to today.

And here's a few more things that irks me on Obama and the democrats.  Just in Obama's first 93 days, he has initiated 26 pro-abortion bills.  It's almost if Obama has rescinded or eliminated any pro-life bill Bush had initiated. 

Obama refuses to clear up a major eligibility question to the presidency.  The Constitution simply states that the president must be a natural born citizen.  He has provided a birth certificate, but it has been debunked as a forgery.  This needs to be looked into alot more than it has.

Missile defense was initiated by Bush but is degraded by Obama.  Missile defense completely neutralizes any rogue or enemy nation launch, or any terrorist launch.  It eliminates any blackmail, current technology allows for the US to hit a 'spot' on a 'bullet' with a 'bullet', and best of all, nobody is killed with this defensive action.

When the dust all settles, and everyone is in their mortal grave, each one of us will have to answer for our earthly actions.  At least Bush will get salutes for all those babies that were saved during is administration.  Salutes from all those Americans saved from additional terrorist attacks.  And from citizens who were, or could have been, saved by missile defense.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Wilma

I would prepare a lengthy rebuttal to this, but quite frankly, this isn't my day.  I was out in the sun for awhile this morning and in spite of the required sunglasses and sun hat, the resulting headache is preventing me from any deep thinking.  I will, however, say one thing about abortion.  I don't know whether or not I believe in abortion, but I do believe in a woman's right to control her own body.  Abortion has been around as long as women have been getting pregnant.  Making it legal only gives women a chance to make a safe choice.  I see no difference in doing away with an embryo inside a woman's body and doing away with a whole lot of them instead of using them for research.  In all my years I have yet to hear of a woman having an abortion simply because she doesn't want to be pregnant.  Even the unmarried teenagers have chosen to have the baby, come what may.  But I am glad that they had the option.  Having the option may have shown them that they really wanted the child, not merely having it because there was no choice.

Now I am going to quit.  I have already corrected 10 errors in my typing.

Varmit

wilma, you forgot one option...the option of responsibility.  If you don't want a kid, don't have sex.
There are about 1.37million abortions each year (as of 1996)
You can't tell me that each of these is due to a medical reason or whatever.  Abortion in this country has become just another form of "birth control".
And  speaking of giving a woman the choice, and control of her body, perhaps we should only  allow abortions to be performed if the child is a boy.  Because aborting a baby woman isn't giving her a choice is it?

"Let's see now, who was it that handed out the first stimulus package?  Back in late 2008?"-wilma

Bush, so what, I didn't agree with it then either.  What does that have to do with obama and his adminstration passing legislation that targeted only 70 people AFTER THE FACT?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

Is Obama and his administration through passing legislation dealing with this?  Can't you wait and see?  Don't you have any patience?  Do you have to peek at your Christmas presents as soon as they are put under the tree? 

Varmit

Wilma, do you understand what happened?  I don't mean that in a smartass way, so don't take offense, please.  But you do realize that what the gov't did was pass legislation AFTER the supposed crime was committed?  How much more of this are we supposed to take?  Do we wait until they completly revoke and trash the consititution before we say something?  They are in violation of at least 3 (4th, 6th, 8th) constitutional admendments. 

Wilma

So what do you want Obama's administration to do about the way things were allowed to develop over the past 16 years?  I understand, all right.  I just can't get excited and up in arms and want an immediate solution or blame someone I don't like for a situation that somebody else created.

Varmit

Well, for starters he can stop violating peoples constitutional rights just to appease his leftist friends, he can start standing up for this country instead of making us out to be the bad guy, he can stop apologizing for the U.S. doing the most to make the world a safer place, and weakening our defenses.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk