Snow

Started by W. Gray, April 18, 2009, 10:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

It has been snowing steady here since Thursday night.

Tulips are buried.

Television went out for a while yesterday.

Parts of some trees are down in back.

No newspaper as of 10:30am, today.

It is yet coming down hard. I have cleaned my drive twice and am getting ready to go out again.

Tomorrow's forecast is sunny, which means by Monday it will all be gone.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

You can keep It!!!! ;D

Judy Harder

Yes, same here.....you may have my share............I have had all the winter
I want..............I can't wait until people are griping about how HOT IT IS!!!!
Maybe then I will be warm............Hasn't this been a different winter/spring?

Wonder just what is to come........??? That is a "Good Thing" we always have
a promise of Good Things to Come............and I for one am looking forward...........
God bless you! stay dry.

Judy
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Wilma

Judy, I already have some of the good things to come.  They are blooming beside the walks now and I can see the buds on the peonies from the bird feeder window.  I can also see buds on the lilacs.  Lots of good things to come.

Don't you just hate us, Waldo?

larryJ

I had a snappy and somewhat sarcastic comment to make, but I had to turn on the air conditioner and go out in back and move the water hose to a different spot.  It just might make ninety degrees here today like they forecasted.   :P   Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

W. Gray

It stopped snowing at about 2:30 pm.

Paper arrived shortly before that.

This is what I call "heart attack" snow. There is so much water in those flakes that those of us who are older risk a heart attack from shoveling the heavy stuff.

This is my third year with a snow blower but single stage snow blowers bog down in this type of snow. Nevertheless, our driveway is clear but the road is not.

The temperature has risen to 38 so the road should clear enough to be passable.

The snow may have stopped, but it is now raining.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Wilma

Good things cometh to those who wait.  Better rain than snow, methinks.

Ms Bear

I'm ready for sunshine here also.  I have had about 2 inches of rain here and there is flooding in Houston, 4 inches at Hobby Airport downtown.  When I came home yesterday from Liberty it was raining so hard all I could see was the white line on the right side of the road and I think part of the time I was floating.  The wind was blowing so hard.  High wind and hail during the night, I know I have one branch down but haven't ventured out to see if there are more.  Finally had sunshine about 5 pm.

Ms Bear

W. Gray

After rain yesterday, we woke up to three inches of snow on the ground this morning.

It is still snowing but has slowed down.

Weatherman said this morning that our latest snow has been on June 3.

Up in the higher country, it has snowed every month of the year.

Diane Amberg

Um, it's supposed to be 90 here later today. :laugh:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk