Spread the Stupidity --

Started by Jo McDonald, April 18, 2009, 09:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

Spread the Stupidity      Only in America ......

Barack 0bama is on track to eliminate shooting hobbies, even if it breaks the Country. Thanks to all of you who voted for him. Sooner or later he'll get around To something that affects YOU.

This is breaking news....

Georgia Arms is the 5th largest retailer of ..223 Ammo in America . (they sell 9 mm,
..45, etc)

They normally buy spent brass from the US Dept of Defense - 'one time used' shell Casings by our Military - from training on Military bases, etc. They buy the brass And then re-load for resale to Law Enforcement, Gun Shops, Gun Clubs, etc.

They normally buy 30,000 lbs of spent brass at a time.

This week the DoD wrote a letter to the owner of Georgia Arms and said that from now On the DoD will be destroying the brass - shredding it. It is no longer available To the Ammo make rs - unless they just buy it in a scrap condition (which they have No use for). By The Way - The brass is NOW going to be sold by the DoD to China as scrap - For less money than Ammo manufacturers have been paying for the shells before Processing to destroy. That sure helps the US economy now, doesn't it? Sell Cheaper to China - and do not sell shells at all to a proven US business. Any Agenda working here?

The Georgia Arms owner even related a story that one of his competitors had already Purchased a load of brass last week - and the DoD contacted him this week and said They were sending someone over to make sure it was destroyed. Shell Casings he had Already bought! THE BRASS HAS NO VALUE TO THE AMMO MAKER IF IT IS DESTROYED/SHREDDED/MELTED. HE ONLY USES IT TO RELOAD DIFFERENT CALIBERS - MAINLY
..223 BULLETS.

Georgia Arms owner says that he will have to lay off at least Half of his
60 Workers, within 2 - 3 months if the DoD no longer sells their spent brass to him. He Has 2 - 3 months inventory of shells to use. By summer - he's out.

You can read the info and see the DoD letter to Georgia Arms here:

The Shootist Site _http://www.theshootist.net/_
(http://www.theshootist.net/)

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Catwoman

This is not a new activity for our gov't...Witness the wholesale destruction of brand-new war material after WWII and the Korean War by dumping it into the deep trenches in the Pacific Ocean.  The only difference is that the purpose for which it was done.  Destruction of war material in those wars was to keep those materials off the American market in order to preserve the economies of the manufacturers...Whereas, the action taken now is to prevent particular materials from reaching the hands of law-abiding citizens.  Note that it was Democratic administrations that are doing both. And, I'll bet O's supporters fathers and grandfathers voted for Harry Truman, too.  ::)  So get out there and hoard!

Varmit

Been trying to but ammo is getting hard to find, Gee, I sure "hope" that will "change"
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Catwoman

Ammo is getting extremely hard to find...People are buying it as fast as it gets on the shelves. 

Diane Amberg

I'll have to ask my gun club friends about that.

Warph

The DOD backed down on this so GA Arms will be getting their shell casings, Jo.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Jo McDonald

Thanks, that is good news.  I am SO sick and tired of this administration already that I could just throw up.  It is absolutely atrocious,
how anyone in their right mind can feel good about what is happening, is beyond me.  This ????man ??? that has been elected to govern this country is just one small step ahead of a total idiot.  Of course that is just my opinoin -- and if anyone says to me ___Prove it -- my answer will be  -- get your head out of your _-- and look around and prove it to your self.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Varmit

But Jo, it has only been 4 months, you have to give him time... :-X

(in case you missed it, that comment is dripping with sarcasm)

oh, and Jo, trust me that opinoin is not just yours
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Actually it's been 3 months and I don't disagree nearly as much as you think I do. Unfortunately the wheels of Government move very slowly sometimes, regardless. It took 4 days to get water to the Katrina victims and that was a big joint effort. I don't think the levee projects were ever finished, there were problems with those emergency trailers and that doesn't seem to be on Pres .O's list either, at least not yet.

Wilma

And Pres. O had nothing to do with them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk