Hazel Moore

Started by Mom70x7, April 17, 2009, 06:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Diane, I remember your Grandparents very well, when they moved to town they moved about a block from my parents. I also remember them when they lived in the country. I knew your Uncle Ted the best, he loved to visit, he traded at a service station that my brother was at and he came in there pretty regular. Yout Grandfather was a Master Gardener and always had a big garden. I remember meeting your Father also.
Frank

Diane Amberg

Aw, that's so nice. Thank's so much. Uncle Teddy was quite a character. I think my interest in gardening came from them. Daddy always had a big garden too and we canned and froze a lot. Had lots of fruit trees too.
     Rosewolf, Grandma Dessie was at TM from 1982 to 1995 so you might have known her. All her friends were there and she out lived most of them, lived to be 104. Doris Shipman kept me informed, so I always knew if she needed anything.

rosewolf

I think that I remember hearing the name. My grandmother was in there as well for a bit. Her name was Lora Jones. I believe that she was in there in 1994 as well. That was also the same year that she passed away in Cedar Vale hospital.

Diane Amberg

When we visited in Grandma at TM in1990, I met my father's Jr. High math teacher there. That set me right back on my heels. I wish I could remember her name. Daddy was 76 at the time!

patyrn

I know Irma Buchele used to teach in the Howard Schools, but I don't know if she taught math.

frawin

Diane, I figured that your Father attended Clear Creek rural school thru the 8th grade.

mayflower

I stopped in to see Hazel today at the hospital, and she was standing up!  She's doing pretty well.  She has been taking a few steps, sitting in a recliner, and she knew who I was just fine! She even was joking with me a little.   She is an amazing lady!  She may get back to the nursing home Friday or next Monday if all goes well.

Mayflower

Diane Amberg

Frank, Daddy said that he and Teddy went to Union Center School, the one that was moved to Howard. Did the Clear Creek school burn down? I think Daddy mentioned that. I have a photo of the kids in his class and it says Union Center on the back.

frawin

According to the Kansas ORSH List, they were still having school at Clear Creek in 1928. In fact Gladys Morgan  was teaching there in 1927 when she met Guy V. Denton, come to think of it Gladys was probably in Twilight Manor in 1990. Ted and Lyle had a long way to go from the Ranch to Union Center to School .

Diane Amberg

Now that's a puzzle, I really don't know then.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk