Hazel Moore

Started by Mom70x7, April 17, 2009, 06:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

Hazel Moore fell and broke her hip the other day. She had successful hip replacement surgery this morning and will be in the El Dorado hospital for about 10 days.

Hazel will be 100 this coming August 12th.

Apparently, she is charming everyone around her at the hospital!
:D    :D    :D

patyrn

Thanks so much for this heads up, Debbie,

We just arrived in Howard this evening, and I was looking forward to visiting Hazel at Twilight.  I guess she won't be there.  What a special lady.  I hope everyone will send her a cheer card. 

The address for the hospital in El Dorado is:

Susan B. Allen Memorial Hospital
720 W. Central
El Dorado, KS  67042

Mom70x7

I had planned to look up the hospital address and post it - thanks for your help!

rosewolf

I was sorry to hear about Hazel. Believe it or not she was my first grade teacher. It is amazing that she will be 100 this August.

patyrn

I got a note from Hazel's niece relaying that she is doing well and has relatives with her. 

Rosewolf, there are MANY Forum Friends throughout Elk County who probably had Hazel as their first grade teacher during her many teaching years.  I missed having her when I was in school, but had the privilege to be her neighbor my entire life (from birth) until I left Howard, and cherish that continuing close friendship.

rosewolf

I always enjoyed talking to her while she was at Twilight. I worked there till I moved out here last August. I worked in the dining room. It was nice to see her smiling face.

Diane Amberg

How long did you work at T.M.? My Grandma was there for years, but died in '95.

rosewolf

I only worked there about a year. But I knew a lot of the people already before they went there.

Diane Amberg

Dessie Amberg? I may be going back 'way too far.

Wilma

That name rings a bell with me.  Can't place  a face.  My mother entered HTM in 1994 and was there until 2001.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk