Should be posted in every government and school building

Started by Varmit, April 17, 2009, 04:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

One day in the House of Representatives a bill was taken up appropriating money for the benefit of a widow of a distinguished naval officer. Several beautiful speeches had been made in its support. The Speaker was just about to put the question when Crockett arose:

"Mr. Speaker--I have as much respect for the memory of the deceased, and as much sympathy for the sufferings of the living, if suffering there be, as any man in this House, but we must not permit our respect for the dead or our sympathy for a part of the living to lead us into an act of injustice to the balance of the living.

Read the rest of the story:

http://www.juntosociety.com/patriotism/inytg.html
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

redcliffsw

Yes Sir!  And it would be good if the schools would have their
students read it twice a year, even if the school is federally
supported.  Now that would be an improvement, don't you think?

Diane Amberg

Nicely done varmint, but what do we tell the kids if they ask why it hasn't changed after all these years of Republican and Democratic leadership at the top, that we all elect? We put these people in!

pam

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Varmit

We tell them that even though the older generation screwed things up, it is up the younger ones to fix'em...poke, poke.. ;D
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

And it's the older ones that teach them how. ;D

Varmit

You're right, we learn from the mistakes of the past :D

Diane Amberg

Then why does every generation seem destined to repeat them?  ;D  (gotta go to to the Fire Company and help the young probies set up for an event. It's Beef and Beer night.)

Varmit

because we let liberal be teachers ;D (jeez, i crack myself up)

Judy Harder

Then why does every generation seem destined to repeat them?

I think we learn the hard way and when we do, it seems that it is time for the next
generation to fix what we did NOT!

Makes us very human.........and then we LET the "powers-that-be" lead us down the wrong
road one more time........and the wheel just spins and spins and when someone gets
the answer it will be the end of the "world as we know it"

It is a very good message.....and it would benefit us all well.......if we send it around to our address
books and let others know it.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk