REDMOND, Arthur William "Bill" - b. November 12, 1929 - d. April 15, 2009

Started by Dignified Redneck, April 15, 2009, 07:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dignified Redneck

Bill Redmond, my dad, passed away this afternoon at the Dexter Care Center, where he had been a resident for a month. Funeral services are pending with Zimmerman Funeral Home, Howard, Ks. I just wanted the people of Howard to know that he had passed. Deb Garison
Age & treachery will outlast youth & skill any time !!!!!!!!!!

frawin

Deb, I am really sorry to hear  about your Father passing away. I had a lot of fun times with Bill over my lifetime. I remember helping him run the concrete pens for the Nutrea when he got into raising them. Myrna and I send our Prayers to you and your family. Tell John Carl hello from me. I will see you at your Father's services.
Frank Winn

patyrn

Thanks, Debbie, for the message.  We are so sorry for your loss.  Rodney and Jim Harrington visited with Bill a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed the afternoon reminiscing.  I'll watch the Countryside website and post details of services when they are set (unless you would rather do it).  Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Karen I.

flo

Debbie, I am so sorry for the loss of your father.  Kelly and I were talking about you just this morning.  She was wondering where you lived now and told me your father was in the care home at Dexter.  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. 
Florene Smith
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

larryJ

Debbie, I left a message on the cousins website for you.  I woke this morning and saw the news about Bill.  I am deeply saddened about his passing.  He will be missed by all of the family because he was such a wonderful person.  Larry
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Lookatmeknow!!

When I worked at Toot's years ago, I remember how Bill would come in for supper.  I loved talking with him.  He will be missed.  Deb, our prayers go out to you and your family!  Angie (Ware) Town, and family
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

patyrn

Arthur William "Bill" Redmond, age 79, passed away Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at the Dexter Care Center in Dexter, Kansas.  Bill was born in Howard, Kansas on November 12, 1929, the eldest of twin boys to Bernadine Andrews Redmond and the late Forrest Faburn Redmond who had passed away in September of that year.

He graduated from Howard High School in 1947 and served in the U.S. Army from 1951 to 1953.  He worked for the Boeing Company for over 30 years, most of which was in the Engineering Lab as a Hydraulics Technician.

He married Donna L. Hebb in Howard, Kansas on September 29, 1956.  They divorced in December 1960.  To this union two daughters were born, Deborah and Gina.

Bill and Dreva Boone were married on September 4, 1971 in Howard, Kansas.  His family grew with the addition of her children, Terry, Betty, Joyce, and Sandy.  

Bill was an active Mason, belonging to Hope Lodge #155, Howard, Kansas, and was a member of the Scottish Rite.  Bill also served the City of Howard as a City Council member.

Bill is preceded in death by his wife, Dreva; his parents; his grandparents; his sister; and his twin brother.

Survivors are Deb Garison (Carl) of Dexter, Kansas; Gina Randolph (Richard) of Gillette, Wyoming; Terry Boone (Peggy) of Haysville, Kansas; Sandy Swingle (Cliff) of Zenda, Kansas; Betty Loyd (Larry) of Mulvane, Kansas; and Joyce Cass of Midland, Kansas; his nephew, Kevin Redmond (Eilen) of Mooresville, North Carolina; his sister-in-law, Juanita Redmond of Topeka, Kansas; and his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Funeral services with Masonic Rites will be held at 2:00 p.m. Saturday, April 18, 2009 at Zimmerman Funeral Home with Pastor Robin Haines officiating.  Per Bill's wishes, cremation will follow.  Family suggests contributions to the Hope Lodge Essay Scholarship Fund and may be left in care of the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home, Howard, Kansas.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

Janet Harrington

Ah, my Daddy Bill.  I will miss him.  I'm just sorry that I was never able to go see  him.  I did get to talk to him on the phone the day that Jim and Rodney went to visit him.  He told me that it just "snuck up on him."  I love you Daddy Bill.  Say hi to my dad.

Jo McDonald

Debbie and Carl.
Deb, you Daddy was a very special person -- He and Fred were Masonic Brothers and they joined the Consistory together. When they went to Wichita for the work, Bill left his little VW Bug for me to drive.  We had some laughs over that.  He and I were very close  - he was 1 month and 14 days older than me, so he always held that over my head.   I will hold his memory close in my heart., as will Fred.
May God bless you and yours.
Jo and Fred
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk