Gun law support is going down..

Started by Kjell H., April 13, 2009, 11:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House.
This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

.It is registered
.You are fingerprinted
.You supply a current Driver's License
.You supply your Social Security #
.You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing
.Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25
- Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.
.There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.

The Government would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this..
www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Varmit

Maybe its time we started "chipping" back???
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pepelect

I don't wear a seat belt either.

I don't think there is enough prison cells for this plan to work so maybe they could use some stimulus money to first build first then second amendment prisons with the gun registration fees. 

Wouldn't it be easier to just get the NRA membership list and jail them, confiscate their firepower, sell their weapons to Muslim countries militias, and use the profits to plant flowers so all the deer and turkeys could graze in peace and harmony with the mountain lions.  Wait didn't we already do that in the '80s?

I think I have to agree with the mental evaluation though........I am nuts and with more a full clip or two I could be lethal.

Varmit

Teresa, you never fail to brighten my day, I just now read that lovely little bill and I must say...HAVE THEY LOST THEIR FREAKIN' MINDS??? JUST WHO THE HELL DO THESE LEFT WING LIBERAL PANTYWAISTED LIMP WRISTED UNAMERICAN SUCMBAG S.O.B'S THINK THEY ARE??

Wether or not this passes is irrelevent..it clearly illustrates that anyone associated with or that supports this bill is in COMPLETE violation of the Constitution and should be thrown out of office not at the next election, NOW. 

But remember, these are the kinds of people we should "get behind and trust they know what they are doing"
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

So start a letter writing campaign, first to your local politicians and work up from there. Explain your position and ( be sure to call them mean names, everybody takes that as the opinion of a well meaning, knowledgeable, emotionally stable, mature person....not!)  Suggest a reasonable ,doable solution to the perceived problem.  Maybe you'll get some action.

Varmit

Diane, the letter writing has been done, it was addressed to the entire nation, and even signed by the politicans who supported it.  It's called the Constitution.  Included in it is the 2nd Admendment, which clearly states that the American people have a right to own a firearm without the infringement of gov't policy.  Anything they do to try a limit that right is a violation.  That position has been stated and explained many times in the past by various people organizations and people such as...the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines.  They presented a reasonable, doable solution, they told the gov't to leave the peoples rights alone.  So far, the gov't hasn't listened.  So why should I expect them to listen now if the only tactic I employ are the same ones that have failed in the past? 

As far as name calling...why is it only a problem when it comes from the "right" side of the argument???

Diane Amberg

Why do you think it's only a problem when it come from the right?

Wilma

My daughter, who was just reading over my shoulder, said something that I hadn't thought of.  At the time the constitution was written, the weapon of the day was a muzzle loading, single shot, that took longer to load than it did to fight hand to hand.  Today we have weapons of such mass destruction that some regulations are necessary.  However, regulation of the mass destruction weapon is the only one that is needed.  I include in mass destruction weapons the ones that fire lots and lots of times without reloading in a lightening fast fashion that can take out as many humans as swinging it back and forth can reach.  No possibility of missing the target.  The weapons that should not be included are the ones that ordinary people possess for hunting, target practice, collecting, etc., non-violent pastimes.  These weapons will provide as much defense as is required to protect the home from intruders.  No weapon of mass destruction is going to provide any more protection unless you are faced with a multitude of intruders.

Maybe I am old and foolish, but I trust my law enforcement officers to protect me in situations that I can't handle myself.  I trust my country's armed forces to keep foreign intruders away from me.  I also don't place myself in situations where I might have to defend myself.

Varmit

I have heard that side of it before.  The Founders were intelligent men, they knew that new weapons would be created.  The 2nd admendment is not about hunting, collecting, or target practice.  It is about providing the people a means of defense against a tyrannical gov't. 

I hear people complain about Auto and Semi Auto weapons, yet most firearms used during the commission of a crime of the common hunting, sporting, and defense variety.

If a person does not want an "assualt" weapon in their home, fine, don't buy one.  But don't violate my right by telling me I can't own one.  Also, don't tell me how much defense I need in my own home, its my home, I'll make that desicion.

Diane Amberg

I know on the east coast we have a problem (according to some of my police officer friends ) that the guys who have all the big time assault stuff are braggarts who can't keep their mouths shut about what they have. Eventually they become the target of thieves and the weapons then hit the streets. I know that's not your intent.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk