Wind Farm

Started by W. Gray, April 13, 2009, 03:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Has anyone heard what the commissioners think they might want to do or plan to do with the $1 million plus that will be coming annually from the yet to be constructed west Elk wind farm?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Rudy Taylor

Liz Hendricks told a public meeting last week that it can be used for any legitimate purpose including: Helping to lower the over county levy; upgrading infrastructure; or building better public facilities. Of course, it will be the end of next year before wind farm goes on line and another year before PILOT money (payment in lieu of taxes) will start coming in.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

L Hendricks

Don't spend the money yet... Tradewind - the developer - still has to sell the energy.  Westar is its best candidate but we have a couple of things fighting against us.  If Westar buys the energy, then the project will get started in 2009-2010 and the county should get the PILOT in 2010.  If Westar does not buy the energy, then it has to be sold to another utility company, which will most likely delay the project.  Please folks rally for this project.  If anyone has any pull with Westar or would like to write letters in support, we could really use the help.  I really believe it is our glimmer of hope for the future of Elk County. 

MarkHall

Hi Liz,

If any of us can help by writing letters, let us know who we should send them to. I for one would be glad to do this.

-Mark

Teresa

Count me in for letter writing and phone calling... We need this project really bad.. Future generations depend on it.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Tobina+1

Maybe everyone that pays electricity via Westar could put a letter in with their payment this month?

sixdogsmom

Before I write a letter, I would like to have some specifics such as when this will be on-line and ready to transmit? How many folks here in the area will be benefited from the wind farm? How would it benefit Westar to buy from this company? Give us some meat to send along to them please? I am very pleased to see this project and want to back it in the most positive manner.  ;)
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk